Been a bit busy (Finished, back for the most part)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikenumbers

9-Tailed Fluffy Cameraman
Veterans
Jun 21, 2016
United Kingdom
www.youtube.com
Hey all,

I should have done this sooner but I've been a bit busy with another game, it's a private server based on the previous game I played before Planetside 2, I'd rather not mention the name as I don't want you guys checking it out... it's horribly addictive and time consuming, just like the original.

I'm not finished with PS2 or quitting, but I've missed that other game a lot and being able to play it again is irresistible to me, I will get bored of it eventually but to be able to play it again after 6 years? I played it actively for over 8 years before I left, so yea.

I'm always one message away on Discord if you need me for anything and I should be back within a few weeks, if that, cya in a bit. :D

Last edited:

Irathi

Community Leader
Aug 21, 2013
You're a dissapointment as always!

No worries Mike, we all take breaks from Planetside from time to time.

Last edited:

bpostal

Veterans
Apr 13, 2012
I'm just going to assume you're talking about a private wow server which, I understand, having done the same thing several months ago.

Enjoy the game (whichever one it is) and I hope to see you again soon!

xoxo,
bp

Mikenumbers

Veterans
Jun 21, 2016
United Kingdom
www.youtube.com
My vacation in that game is starting to wind down, it scratched the itch but it's starting to show the same issues that caused the original to die, I may pop in to play it here and there but I'm seriously starting to miss PS2 now... and you guys, you guys mainly, except @Irathi

I should be back in a few days, hopefully... I'm also kinda dying to make a video.

I also made some friends while playing the other game that I'd like to keep in touch with, so I might not be on PS2/Discord every single day like I used to (hooray for someone, probably). :3

Mikenumbers

Veterans
Jun 21, 2016
United Kingdom
www.youtube.com
@Irathi No, don't do that!... Oh alright, I missed you too.

@bpostal It wasn't Wow but there are similarities I guess, game is called Chrome Rivals, based off a game called SCO/Ace Online/Airrivals.

Korean game, grind intensive, fighter/dogfighting type game, has similarities to Strike Vector, Freespace, Elite Dangerous and Star Fox (plus others), technically free-to-play but not paying money meant you'd be at a SEVERE disadvantage, you'd need ludicrous overwhelming luck to be 100% free-to-play, it was a cash cow game that milked the players till the very end, every month a slightly better weapon/armour would come out and you'd have to spend money enchanting it and adding weapon fix modifiers to it.

As mentioned, enchanting was the worst part, a weapon can have 5 cards, or 'enchants' for free, referred to as e5 in this case, but anything past 5 has a chance to fail, if it fails the weapon is destroyed... or you could use enchant protect cards which prevent that but take it back to e5, e6 was 90%, e7 80%, e8 70%, e9 60% and e10 50%, if it failed at any point you'd be back at e5, e10+ was mandatory for PVP, then there were hyper protects for e10+, resets it back to e10 but they would much more expensive and less chance of making it than e10.

After enchants there was pre and suffix's, example being Attack 'Weapon' of Sniper, if you wanted faster firing speed but got damage you'd have to wipe it, using a cash shop only item ofc, then gamble it again and hope for the right fix, luck being what it is, you'd get exactly what you didn't want multiple times over and over.

At least on the private server everything could be done with in game money, so I can get my AR fix without ever giving those fucks another penny of my money, funny thing is the Pserver does things so well it has a much higher player count than the official servers.

bpostal

Veterans
Apr 13, 2012
Korean game, grind intensive, fighter/dogfighting type game, has similarities to Strike Vector, Freespace, Elite Dangerous and Star Fox (plus others), technically free-to-play but not paying money meant you'd be at a SEVERE disadvantage, you'd need ludicrous overwhelming luck to be 100% free-to-play, it was a cash cow game that milked the players till the very end, every month a slightly better weapon/armour would come out and you'd have to spend money enchanting it and adding weapon fix modifiers to it.

That's a shame since it sounds fun as hell. I loved the shit outta Freespace, gotta look and see if I still have the CDs somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.