Computer is down, mostly afk until I get a new one

EldestGrump

Sep 29, 2014
My trusty old machine finally gave up the ghost and I'm not going to try to fix it, which incidentally would take longer than just buying a new one. So, I'll be mostly afk until further notice unless I can get mumble to work on my even older Linux laptop, then I should be online to chat and throw insults at people (you know, the usual). Given the delivery times and me configuring and ordering it I don't think it should take much longer than a week.

UPDATE: Parts are late so no computer this week. This is seriously annoying as I'm unable to get to my files and do the stuff that I need to do. I guess I'll have to figure out a temporary solution.

Last edited:

Enjie

Staff member
Officer Star Citizen
Mar 2, 2015
so, whats the update @EldestGrump ? tanking without you just isn't the same, even though Frozen tries to bring some of the grump and salt it just isn't the same...

Reactions: TheRiddic4

Enjie

Staff member
Officer Star Citizen
Mar 2, 2015
but when you mix the two together and get FrozenGrump that salt is a premium :)

EldestGrump

Sep 29, 2014
Delays, delays... It was frustrating for a few days but the weather has been good and I'm spending a lot of time outdoors. Even getting a tan!

At this point all the parts have arrived and they're putting it together. As soon as I can I'll pick it up and start the tedious process of restoring 5 years of cumulative settings to a silly amount of programs and add-ons to get it just the way I like it. That'll be a few amusing days, but I'll prioritize Mumble so I can exchange salt with the rest of you bastards.

Reactions: Enjie

DaveTheSheep2

Veterans
Apr 6, 2014
On the off-chance you don't already know of it, Ninite saves a load of time when starting from scratch on an OS.