Heard Planetside had closed..

Kur

Aug 26, 2014
Panicked as I hadn't played in ages and came here to see what's going on, only just realised after thoroughly reading an article which had a picture of planetside 2 as the main picture that they meant planetside 1 lol Anyway hows it going.

Thundestrucks

Veterans
Nov 5, 2013
Poland
LOL what are you smoking :D
38071026161_smoke_weed.jpg

Reactions: Kur and bpostal

Da-Fort

Veterans
Jun 12, 2012
Planetside 1 is dead. Long live the new King!

It is quite upsetting to see such a well-lived game die off like it did.
Meaning the game had lost its appeal with most of its players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kur and bpostal

Thundestrucks

Veterans
Nov 5, 2013
Poland
This game was empty, why should they keep empty server running?
However they should opensource this as free game for private servers

Reactions: Kur

dnaRIP

Co-Leader
Staff member
Community Leader
Feb 14, 2012
Panicked as I hadn't played in ages and came here to see what's going on, only just realised after thoroughly reading an article which had a picture of planetside 2 as the main picture that they meant planetside 1 lol Anyway hows it going.
Sup Kur!

Sent from my Rotary phone

bpostal

Veterans
Apr 13, 2012
Yeah, they took Gemini offline. Sad to see it go but the server was empty so it's not like you're going to be able to get the full experience. It was fun to run through all the bases/around the continent just listening to the music and reminiscing though.

Also, what's up Kur? Haven't seen ya in a while.

Kur

Aug 26, 2014
Sup Kur!

hey :)

Yeah, they took Gemini offline. Sad to see it go but the server was empty so it's not like you're going to be able to get the full experience. It was fun to run through all the bases/around the continent just listening to the music and reminiscing though.

Also, what's up Kur? Haven't seen ya in a while.

Not much, been having a difficult time, a lot of personal/family issues so just been trying to plod along.

bpostal

Veterans
Apr 13, 2012
hey :)

Not much, been having a difficult time, a lot of personal/family issues so just been trying to plod along.

Shit man, sorry to hear it and I hope it gets better for ya soon!

Placid

Sep 21, 2014
Sad to see Planetside 1 go, loads of great times although to be fair I hadn't logged in for nearly 2 years either. Low player pop, disabling the expansion content and unregulated hackers made it unpleasant to play towards the end.

Jugg and Big Al's Prowler tower farms and Nacho's GG runs are fond memories however :)

Thundestrucks

Veterans
Nov 5, 2013
Poland
Sad to see Planetside 1 go, loads of great times although to be fair I hadn't logged in for nearly 2 years either. Low player pop, disabling the expansion content and unregulated hackers made it unpleasant to play towards the end.

Jugg and Big Al's Prowler tower farms and Nacho's GG runs are fond memories however :)
You should join us in PS2.

dnaRIP

Co-Leader
Staff member
Community Leader
Feb 14, 2012

Good to see you @Placid!