I'm not away but not on discord either so kinda away.

NormannTR

BRTD Member
Apr 9, 2019
I'm having issues with getting discord to work. When I joined I used the web-interface to join discord with you guys but it was not a verified account. So I have tried to create an e-mail verified account with them but I get the "something is going on" message. I don't know why but I have e-mailed discord support about it.

I couldn't use voice with the browserbased version of discord without an account and ppl were getting increasingly frustrated with me talking in squad so I just stayed away until this could be fixed. But it's taking time.

Because of my companys policies conflicting hard with the Discord EULA/TOS I had to find a way of running Discord locally that would not get me in trouble and that took a while.

Anyways as soon as I get this resolved I should be with you guys for ops again but in the mean time I guess I'm away.

I miss teamspeak...

Reactions: DeltaWidow

DeltaWidow

Community Leader
Aug 25, 2014
West Midlands, England
No issues mate hopefully it will get fixed in time, I'll bring it up with some Discord savy people to hopefully see if they know a work around - best of luck

NormannTR

BRTD Member
Apr 9, 2019
Can you use discord on your phone?

Company phone, same policies apply. It's just how it is here. I'm waiting for discord support to contat me but it's taking time. I have no idea why I triggered that thing but googling it - if it happens it's a chore.

Irathi

Community Leader
Aug 21, 2013
Ok, let us know if you get it sorted. idk if maybe VPN could work?

Meanwhile keep using in-game voice and if they ask, let people know it's due to restrictions that you can't join discord.

NormannTR

BRTD Member
Apr 9, 2019
So I have finished my journey with Discord support. They will not under any circumstances let me use VPN to connect. Actually I could not even delete my account with them they had to do it for me. Unless someone KNOW of a VPN that Discord DOESN't block I can't find a way of connecting with an authenticated account. That is not so much an issue if it wasn't for them not allowing voice transmit in the web-client unless you are signed in.

So I guess I will join through web but be silent. I have been stuck away from home since covid started and is just now planning my way home so I haven't been playing much ps2 at all. I hope to see you ingame soon, I will try to connect with discord web-client so I can hear your orders at least.

I apologize for the hoop-jumping and delays but I did not anticipate Discord being this hard to adopt, and again there is no way I can run it locally without breaking privacy clauses related to my work. I'm not TRYING to be pain, it just comes to me naturally.

Juggernaut

Interwebs Mechanic
Staff member
Administrator
Recruit
Jul 20, 2006
Ireland, Galway
shanecunningham.me
Hi Normann,

Contact me via pm on the forum, I would like to help with this issue, I'm an IT support engineer, I would like to see what is causing the issue and maybe fix it.

NormannTR

BRTD Member
Apr 9, 2019
Got discord sorted, but had to use a new identity. I associated it as per the instructions in the public-welcoming channel. Hope to be with you soon.

Reactions: Enjie