Training [Jun 24, 2015] Prowler Training: Part 2 (Miller)

Wolfman109

Potato Simulator
Oct 2, 2012
The following training session aims to improve the outfits ability and it’s understanding of the ”Prowler” tank.
This session will only focus on Tank-to-Tank combat vs. Vanguards and Magriders, it will not focus or deal with Tank-To-Infantry combat.

The training is for all members of the outfit, from the newly joined recruit to the old grumpy officer.

The training will take place on the 24th of June at 20:00 CEST (19:00 BST).

bla_1435168800.png

This is the 2nd part of the Prowler training, as we have already covered a lot of the theoretical subjects of the prowler, we’ll focus a lot more, on how to fight as a Prowler vs Tanks.

Subjects of the training:
General tank fighting
Aiming on the move
Distance
Hull-Down
Picking your fight

The training session itself will roughly last 1 hour. Afterwards we’ll run a short op, which will allow the participants of the training to put their newly learned knowledge into a practical use.
For others it’ll be a golden opportunity to finally be able to get familiar with the Prowler, during live combat.

I would like to ask that everyone is online at least 10 minutes before the training starts, as I will pick a “quiet” continent where we can host the training.
Please join the “Training Channel” when you get online.

See you all there.

-Wolf

Pointy

Like to kill every mutha fecker in the room ;-)
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 18, 2012
Chelmsford
Hiya, I will try and make this one as I missed the last. Are you going to try and record it just in case people miss it.

Pointy

Wolfman109

Potato Simulator
Oct 2, 2012
I'm not planing to record it. If somebody else wants to record it, they're welcome to do so.

Wolfman109

Potato Simulator
Oct 2, 2012
A quick reminder for all you snotlings.
Prowler training tomorrow learn to drive AND shoot at the same time, make Vanguard and Magriders your bitches and get the chance to become THE pimpwagon.

Bonus Info: You'll perform better in the following ops if you grab the Ork voicepack for recursion.
Da bezt tankz be da loot'd onez!

160904a489679e84041ae323282094f8.jpg

Reactions: Aggropatics

JerusalemWolfe

Veterans
Apr 27, 2015
Following last night's brief excursion, what is the basic Prowler package a grunt should be aiming for? I imagine we're likely to pull Prowlers to counter enemy MBTs, so (in order of importance):-

AP turret (zoom + reload), Halberd (zoom + reload), Lockdown, Reinforced armour, either chassis?

I've shamelessly pulled this from the Aug 2014 thread but there may have been updates (to mechanics or tactics) between then and now.

Wolfman109

Potato Simulator
Oct 2, 2012
How much you have to Prowler have your Prowler upgraded, depence on what BR you're.
I don't expect anybody under BR 60, to have anything of worth of their Prowler, simply because there are more important things to have certed for infantry combat.
But by the time you’re around BR 80 I expect you to at least have a decent Prowler you can use.

An average Prowler:
AP Turret (Optic + Reload 3)
Halberd or Vulcan (Optic + reload/magazine 3)
Lockdown or Fire Supp 2-3, depending on your secondary weapon.
Vehicle stealth 3 preferably maxed.
Chassis 2-3

Jerusalem, you got a link to the thread you found that information, regarding loadouts?

Wolfman109

Potato Simulator
Oct 2, 2012
What's that happening in 4 hours time?!
A lovely session of Prowler training, in order to improve your tanking so you never end up in situation where the only vehicle you can operate is a Segway.

segway-rough-riders-imperial-guard-warhammer-40k-segway-roug-demotivational-poster-1255553637.jpg

Wolfman109

Potato Simulator
Oct 2, 2012

JerusalemWolfe

Veterans
Apr 27, 2015
I'll ask Juggs to sticky it, if that's ok? I found it a useful guide for finding my feet, vehicle-wise.