Launch Pad Issues

Aug 2, 2014
Is anyone else having a problem with getting the game to launch? I hit the play button and nothing happens it just shuts down. Is this happening because they are doing character wipes and what not?

F

fbh

Negative.
The issue can be resolved if you have either Avast, AVG or COMODO firewall installed - if you have none of those 3 then try adding the PS2.exe and PS2 launcher through your antivirus/firewall exception list.

if you have 1 of those 3 then Avast is simply adding it to exceptions list, same for AVG, with COMODO you goto "Defense+" then to "Defense+ settings" the option your looking for is "Deactivate the Defense + permanently" Restart and all should be good.

Hope this helps.

B

bondKI

[quote="fbh" post=2877]"Defense+ settings" the option your looking for is "Deactivate the Defense + permanently" Restart and all should be good.
Hope this helps.[/quote]
No need to deactivate that permanently. Just go to Defense+ settings--->Execution Control settings and add Planetside2.exe to the exclusion list. (Possibly launchpad.exe and awesomium.exe too)

F

fbh

Yeah, I did that the other day when online and it wouldn't let me on until I disabled it totally and rebooted.
Others might have more luck but I will keep looking at it time to time, enabled/disabled, and see if PS2 eventually allows it.