Outfit Time

MGP

BRTD Member
Aug 1, 2014
Moscow, Russian Federation
I've just realised that BST is not GMT. So it'll be 23:00 in Moscow, so i'll be there.

As a side note, can we have standartised time zone for events? Preferably UTC/GMT. So people don't have to google up what the hell does BST means. And by the way, my phone timezone app suggested what it's Britts, South Afrira time.

Irathi

Community Leader
Aug 21, 2013
I've just realised that BST is not GMT. So it'll be 23:00 in Moscow, so i'll be there.

As a side note, can we have standartised time zone for events? Preferably UTC/GMT. So people don't have to google up what the hell does BST means. And by the way, my phone timezone app suggested what it's Britts, South Afrira time.

I'd prefer GMT as well. BST = British Summer Time, CEST = Central European Summer Time.

BakaneSan

Nov 5, 2013
Anime
Fuck your gmts cest bst lets all put our local time cuz we all special and stuff right. i want us to use
Yekaterinburg Time which is my town use so get around using it.

MGP

BRTD Member
Aug 1, 2014
Fuck your gmts cest bst lets all put our local time cuz we all special and stuff right. i want us to use
Yekaterinburg Time which is my town use so get around using it.
Well, on a serious note, would be cool if forum auto-convert event times to your local time based on settings in your profile.

BakaneSan

Nov 5, 2013
Anime
i was beign serious!!! no one cares for your stupid BST CEST or any other local shite of time zone somebody gonna put event in. get in in GMT or may as well convert it to every local time starting with Yekaterinburg Time which is lets face it superior one.

Juggernaut

Interwebs Mechanic
Staff member
Administrator
Recruit
Jul 20, 2006
Ireland, Galway
shanecunningham.me
We use UTC (Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London) on the website, So any events that is post should be in the right time zone. if your profile is correct on the forums. we have always used GMT/CET as our timezone for the outfit. but it always cause confusion in the summer months.

StriKe_jk

Recruitment Officer
Veterans
May 25, 2013
Germany
linktr.ee
We use UTC (Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London) on the website, So any events that is post should be in the right time zone. if your profile is correct on the forums. we have always used GMT/CET as our timezone for the outfit. but it always cause confusion in the summer months.
Yea for god sake could they just scrap the idea of changing the clock 1h ?! It's annoying and confusing and doesn't help shit.

Irathi

Community Leader
Aug 21, 2013
why not GMT? dunno what this UTC is, and dont really care, any reasons for using it?
76d31508_c851d40e_Derail_1.jpeg

MGP

BRTD Member
Aug 1, 2014
This event shows for me at 8 pm. My timezone is set. I still doubt that this event will occur at 8pm Moscow time (UTC +4).

Irathi

Community Leader
Aug 21, 2013
20:00 BST or 21:00 CEST

BST = GMT+1

CEST = GMT+2

The event occurs at 20:00 in the GMT+1 timezone, now you can add your local GMT number minus 1 and get your local time.

Norway is GMT+2, so 21:00 for me.
Moscow is GMT+4(?), so 23:00 for commies.
Yekaterinburg is GMT+6(?), so 01:00 for the Urals people..

BakaneSan

Nov 5, 2013
Anime
20:00 BST or 21:00 CEST

BST = GMT+1

CEST = GMT+2

The event occurs at 20:00 in the GMT+1 timezone, now you can add your local GMT number minus 1 and get your local time.

Norway is GMT+2, so 21:00 for me.
Moscow is GMT+4(?), so 23:00 for commies.
Yekaterinburg is GMT+6(?), so 01:00 for the Urals people..

yeah i know, im just asking why not use something more standart like gmt?

Juggernaut

Interwebs Mechanic
Staff member
Administrator
Recruit
Jul 20, 2006
Ireland, Galway
shanecunningham.me
All off-topic stuff moved to new thread

I really haven't time for this folks atm, starting a new job tomorrow, had server outages this morning. The server time will remain the same, it a lot of work to get to display in different times for different people...

BakaneSan

Nov 5, 2013
Anime
we understand juggy, my comment was mainly to people who make post about their events and using some bsd dst bbp or whatever time zone they use.

Juggernaut

Interwebs Mechanic
Staff member
Administrator
Recruit
Jul 20, 2006
Ireland, Galway
shanecunningham.me
For 6 months of the year everything is fine, we use GMT/CET for the other 6 months we get this storm in a teacup. I believe the way events are worded can be easily made clearer imho.

I will ask officers and SL to be more careful with their thread titles

Edgewalkr

Veterans
Jun 13, 2013
www.youtube.com
One of the core problems of the timezone change is that regardless of where you live there are some people that still state their timezone as the one that's not daylight savings, for example people using GMT on BST times in the middle of June.

I think we should just start using Standard Luna Time myself :Alien::p