PallaDiLardo is ALIVE! [Free pizza gif for who comment!]

PallaDiLardo

Veterans
Jan 12, 2014
Barcelona
Hey guys, sorry to not showing up very much, life kind push up and downs and as well trapped by various gaming that get me curious to try. You know the feeling.

The story so far with me:
I am just being unemployed for months and months, and I am trying to get back on working but... dam nothing. Here in BCN economy is being damn restricting: or too many people asking for Developers or for pure UX/UI people, and me being a jack of all trader web designer with 15+ years of experience doesn't fit completely in any of those figures.

So yeah, to help my sanity to remain sane. I am trying in my spare time something different to learn a new skill, like video editing. So because I love videogames I decided to start streaming online e try to record some shit. It keep me busy, and it keep me active and stimulated. I am already not going really anywhere or going out to save some money.

The only thing that I am doing still to relax me it is playing games.

But hey, this doesn't want to be a sad story. It is just that I want to try something new. Maybe it will lead for nothing, or maybe I'll learn to be a better video maker to add on the CV.

So would you kind check my channel, realise that I am completly rookie in editing and tease me as usual online? :D

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzbtgBEYTIhu6FQEXet4E4w

I need so much feedback, on how to improve, and I will appreciate immensily any effort from BRTD to just help me understand what works and what doesn't.

I'll still want to play with the band a lot, just Planetside it is kind becoming repetitive, sometimes I catch some of you guys playing Overwatch, and if you see me online send me invite! :D

TheRiddic4

Veterans
Nov 6, 2014
England
from a brief look at the channel I'd say two main things:
1) Get a channel trailer. Even if it's your latest video get a channel trailer so that new people are instantly watching one of your video's. And make it a good one if you have time.

2) Thumbnails. (Those little pictures that represent the video) These are crucial to grab a users eye who might be just scrolling through YouTube, Now don't make it click bait just make it simple, bold and consistent with a playlist or series that you might be doing.

And the final piece of advice which is the most important and you will hear it from every successful YouTuber. That's:
Don't give up
With the growing amount of gaming You Tubers it's incredibly hard to make it in the community but as long as you keep going you'll make it.

When I've got longer I'd be glad to give some more advice.

Riddic.

PallaDiLardo

Veterans
Jan 12, 2014
Barcelona
Hey thx Riddic for the suggestions

I am watching Derral Eves on how to improve a channel (he is a bit of an ass, but he knows his stuff)
and I am taking a lot of notes.

Luckily I am a graphic designer so making thumbnails is just a matter of time. I need to find yet the style that I want to go out with, but yes it is something that I need to work on. At the moment even the few content that I have there is no uniformity in the thumnails and design.

I will make a channel trailer when I have a bit more content, because I am really at the start, and I need to get better as well with my editing skill. I agree with you, a presentation video it is super important. Maybe I can cook up something very quickly with me talking to the cam for the start.

and the pizza gif for you!
tumblr_muyed16ALc1slgkzso1_400.gif

Reactions: TheRiddic4

Thundestrucks

Veterans
Nov 5, 2013
Poland
Well Mass Effect comming soon and will be popular for a while (until people will realise is completely BS and has nothing to do with old parts).
You need some catchy clickbait title and maybe you will get some viewers.

PallaDiLardo

Veterans
Jan 12, 2014
Barcelona
Well sincerely I am more thinking, what is interesting? and how I can make better video editing?
I don't expect to become anything, I just want to improve my editing skill and have some fun.

ME:A i think that is gonna be disappointing. I am sincerely tired of all this Open World for the sake of having an Open World. I just want a good story. For example recently I played Torment: Tides of Numenera and has amazing written story, I love old RPG style game, and I enjoyed it so far. Even if the game is crazy text rich, for me it was 5 times better than Pillars of Eternity on which I found the writing much more boring.

I was impressed recently by Nioh, Horizon Zero Down but they are so expensive as PS4 title that I am gonna wait for it.

A game that disppointed me so much was For Honor, the gameplay is good, but the P2P networking it awfully crap, with a weird UI and a lot of bad matchmaking really I was so frustrated that I asked a refund via Paypa. Ubisoft never answered and I got my full refund and I have still the game in my ubisoft game list (that I have uninstalled because sincerely didn't enjoy).

I could talk about all those experience. I am curios, what you guys would you like to hear? You are my kind public because we have the same interest. Gaming news? Actualy gameplay? or some comedy gaming skit with friends? Let me know, it would be greatly appreciated.

@Thundestrucks animated pizza gif for you!
giphy.gif

Thundestrucks

Veterans
Nov 5, 2013
Poland
@Thundestrucks animated pizza gif for you!
giphy.gif

Thunderstruck doesn't share food, stop eating my pizza.

And i'm waiting for some good story game as well, like witcher trilogy or ME but i really don't like reading wall of text to get it.
I need action and good story and I really hope i'm wrong and ME:A will be a blast.
We will see in 2 weeks.

PallaDiLardo

Veterans
Jan 12, 2014
Barcelona
but pizza is made for sharing! :shocked: :D
well let's see when it comes out ME:A and see if they fucked it up or not.

Da-Fort

Veterans
Jun 12, 2012
*Rushes through door* I just heard there was free pizza! Am I late for the pizza?