Punkbuster

AtlasLazzurs

Nov 25, 2012
I've had nothing but horrendous experiences with Punkbuster, and it's the reason I don't play any Battlefield games anymore. I get continually kicked from any PB enabled Bad Company 2 server as the PunkBusterBClient.exe is not initialized or something...Fresh installs of both PB and BF:BC2, different OS's, waiting 3+ years for a fix etc...Nothing helps. I always get kicked. And it's not just me with that problem either.

As far as I'm concerned anything that uses PB, I won't play.

Bisher

Mar 4, 2013
I have always had a good relationship with PB, mostly because quake 3 servers I used to admin normally had it off. However is someone was suspect and normal means couldnt reveal if they were cheating or not, I would pop on PB by surprise and see what it says.

All in all, I wouldnt want it to run constantly, but used as a scanning tool, its decent.

Zero Jee

Nov 2, 2014
USA
plus.google.com
It's interesting how the experiences differ. My reason for having it now is installing BF3. (I have yet to play any of the series.)

I thought it was good to know that you can configure it to initiate and shut down simultaneously with a specific game using a batch file. It also mentions that the configuration needs to ensure that PB starts before the game initiates or it will kick you from the server.

"The Punkbuster services need to be running before the game is started so that the user will not be kicked from servers requiring Punkbuster on the user machine. A batch file is ideal for this situation."

It does a pretty good job of guiding you through the process.

@ Atlas; Idk, maybe it could work. vOv

Telerk

Sep 10, 2013
Re:Re: Punkbuster

Nearly all games I play use pb and I've only very rarely had an issue ...always resolved instantly with a pb manual update.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2