Sea of Thieves

Purestorm

Grand Saber
Officer Star Citizen
Oct 28, 2012
Dundalk, Ireland
Has anyone else looked into this game? I've been watching some footage from the closed beta, and it looks like it could be a lot of fun as a group, provided the full release version that comes out in late March is much more fleshed out.

https://www.seaofthieves.com/game

Sea of Thieves is a open-world multiplayer game where you can play as a pirate either by yourself or with a crew of up to 4 players. It's not an MMO, but servers can support up to supposedly 100 players.

I'm personally on the fence about this game at the moment. The gameplay looks fun, but it comes down the amount of content that comes with the game at launch, and whether anyone here is interested as I don't care for playing by myself or with randoms.

Last edited:

ChipMHazard

Apr 11, 2013
It would have to be much, much more fleshed out as in there would have to be a purpose to the game. Right now it just seems like a repetitive game made for streamers.

Purestorm

Grand Saber
Officer Star Citizen
Oct 28, 2012
Dundalk, Ireland
Yeah that's my big concern.

Most likely it will end up being a flavour of the month type of game, entertaining for a week or two but lacks longevity due to lack of depth and progression. Kind of like For Honour.

Nevertheless I'm keeping an eye on it, in case the full release does actually exceed expectations.