Shoutbox and bday notification [idea]

Thundestrucks

Veterans
Nov 5, 2013
Poland
Like in topic, shoutbox in forum is always nice idea for general discussions and as we have dates on our profiles bday notification can be fun also.

Juggernaut

Interwebs Mechanic
Staff member
Administrator
Recruit
Jul 20, 2006
Ireland, Galway
shanecunningham.me
First of all, people have to enter there birth date (roughly 70% haven't) a lot of people in the past haven't filled out the birthday in there profile...
We already have the community tab which is already like a shoutbox, there is no easy way to integrate shoutbox in the forum without using a third party product.

This has all been tried in the past and it left the site messy and hard for me to maintain...

Pointy

Like to kill every mutha fecker in the room ;-)
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 18, 2012
Chelmsford
My birthday is on Monday so you can buy me a present as a pilot!

Pointy

Thundestrucks

Veterans
Nov 5, 2013
Poland
[quote="Juggernaut" post=35731]First of all, people have to enter there birth date (roughly 70% haven't) a lot of people in the past haven't filled out the birthday in there profile...
We already have the community tab which is already like a shoutbox, there is no easy way to integrate shoutbox in the forum without using a third party product.

This has all been tried in the past and it left the site messy and hard for me to maintain...[/quote]

I was thinking something like that:
29gfn7t.png

I didn't know its problematic

And Pointy :evil:
2h3txy9.gif

Edgewalkr

Veterans
Jun 13, 2013
www.youtube.com
Could Birthdaybot be given a number of random statements that it makes in its posts, for example:

Happy Birthday Forum Guy One
Praise the Sun Bro

Happy Birthday Forum Guy Two
You're older than you've ever been and now you're even older

With enough time we could make our own sentient bot (like Shaql on /r/planetside)