Suggestions for voice comms rank tags

Deantwo

Veterans
Oct 30, 2012
right now all rank tags on Mumble is like this:
Deantwo(Recruit)
JeffBeefJaw(Co Leader)
and so on... i don't know about you guys but i use TTS (Text To Speech) for when people are moved around in channels and so...
and hearing it say "Deantwo Recruit" or "JeffBeefJaw Co Leader" is a little weird in my ears...
so my suggestion is that the rank tag gets moved to the front of someone's name... like this:
(Recruit) Deantwo
(Co Leader) JeffBeefJaw
that way the TTS would sound a little better i guess... and people would be sorted by rank first when you look at the list

don't know much about Mumble so i don't know if this is possible... but i just wanted to put the idea out there ^^;

Playbahnosh

Nov 3, 2012
Personally, it's confusing to sort a list by rank since those mean nothing to me. I rather have them sorted by names I can (at least mostly) recognize. Besides, I use the overlay in game and it snips off the end of names that are too long. If we do this ranks sorting thing, all I would see is "(Co Leader) Je..." or (Recruit) De..." or such, and that's not good.

Reactions: 1 person

Deantwo

Veterans
Oct 30, 2012
[quote="Playbahnosh" post=6008]Personally, it's confusing to sort a list by rank since those mean nothing to me. I rather have them sorted by names I can (at least mostly) recognize. Besides, I use the overlay in game and it snips off the end of names that are too long. If we do this ranks sorting thing, all I would see is "(Co Leader) Je..." or (Recruit) De..." or such, and that's not good.[/quote]good points didn't think of that ^^;

as for sorting by rank... some people may think it's more important to know a person's rank then he's name... but yeah still didn't think that much about it ^^;
like i said my main reason was the TTS sounding backwards