Welcome to Elite Dangerous!

PallaDiLardo

Veterans
Jan 12, 2014
Barcelona
Welcome to Elite Dangerous you space scum-bags! :D

What is ED? (Elite Dangerous)
ED is a game where you make your own objective, it is an astonishing Space Simulator on which you can decide to take careers like:
  • Deep space exploration
  • Pirating
  • Bounty Hunting
  • Trading
  • Mining
  • Play one of the faction related missions and raise to power
You can decide as well to play PVE in Solo mode or in Group mode with other players, or if you dare in Open on which is a constant PVP area.

How to join
You can buy the game directly from https://www.elitedangerous.com/
or you can buy it as well on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/359320/

What to do
The first thing to understand about this game, that there is a lot of to do, and the learning curve is quite steep. We suggest to learn first through the demo play to learn the basic flying manoeuvres (especially landing at space station) and the ABC of combat. And only when ready enough to start to play in the real game.

Follow always those 4 golden rules:
  • Always join Mumble channel so we communicate and help each other (Mumble BRTD details)
  • Never have less money of you rebuy cost of the ship (or you will lose everything)
  • Be a group! Coordinate, help others, follow leaders orders (Tedioused & PallaDilardo aka Littlemad) and listen carefully to the wise word of the experienced.
  • Keep yourself informed: Read the daily Galnet News, the reddit group and your subfaction subgroup, the official ED forum, our BRTD group and subscribe to the official newsletter
The objective is to make a cohesive and highly coordinate group of players, ready to face any odds. Space it is a scary and cold place to live in!!!

Active Players
In here put your BRTD nickname and your ED nickname so we can add each other. I'll updated the top post with all the details.

BRTD // ED // Faction // Commander status
PallaDiLardo // Littlemad // None (Squad Leader of BRTD & ED)
Tediousted // Tediouz // Denton Patreus Group (Squad Leader of ED)
Stryke // StrykeBRTD // None (Platoon Leader of BRTD)
Scudmungus // Scudmungus // Archon group (Recruitment officer)
Guntereno // Guntereno // Archon group
Merdocc // Merdocc // None
HurricaneMoon // Hurrican Moon // None
Tiger61378 // Tiger61378 // ?
EddiesMinion // EddiesMinion // None (BRTD Recruitment officer)
Pointy // Poyntys // None (BRTD Veteran)
WanderingIgor // WanderingIgor // None (BRTD Veteran)
couscousZX81 // Enceladus Jean // None

AND DON'T FORGET!!!! Connect on Mumble!!! in the channel of Elite Dangerous as soon as you join the game, so we can coordinate ourselves, or help you out if you are new of the game. (Mumble BRTD details)

Last edited:

Hurricane Moon

Red Dice Systems Salvager & Merc for hire
Jul 4, 2015
Southampton UK
Hurricane Moon reporting for duty.....!
pallo,you mispelled my handle in your op,missed the e off hurricane buddy.(not bothered by mispell mate,just so i can be added properly by others)

great to meet you tonight dude,we loved your killer robot from the future voice effects!....lol

will do my best to make a thread tomoz listing some of the tips and tools i use for this game.....

for example i made a occulus thrift device to play in VR....i have a cockpit with roccat power grid tabs inside,with touch screen controls for my ship.
voice attack and headtracking setups advice,hotas setups,make your own yaw pedals lol.

i will get busy asap,but obviously i work full time and have a family,so sometimes its hard to be here 24/7 ha ha.

as much as i would love to be.

Looking forward to meeting all of you......Especially you Mr Space Hobo lol

tiger61378

Chief Exploration Officer
Jul 4, 2015
CMDR Tiger61378 reporting in, and preparing to head into the deep black. I'm an explorer by heart, and being in inhabited space is making me itchy, so I'm about to point my Diamondback Explorer Endless Transit at the core and see what I can find.

tiger61378

Jul 4, 2015
Yeah, I'll be snapping shots of anything interesting out there, like the cheese planet I posted in another thread. Should be fun to see what I find...

tiger61378

Jul 4, 2015
Mouse & Keyboard works ok...its what I'm doing...right now actually. Hi from the Snake Sector AQ-O B6-5 B system (2nd star...its all iceballs, but they're MY iceballs!).

Hurricane Moon

Jul 4, 2015
Southampton UK
good man eddie!:)

cracking with a stick and throttle.......would also highly recomend headtracking to go hand in hand with it....

not knocking the k&m tiger;)

Reactions: tiger61378

tiger61378

Jul 4, 2015
LOL, that's why I said it works "ok"....its not great, but its serviceable ;) Almost done scanning out this system.

Reactions: Hurricane Moon

Hurricane Moon

Jul 4, 2015
Southampton UK
merdocc all i got from that message was the words hoe...and ....down..
my mind put the word "going" in the middle.

best post yet...i will be there!:p

Reactions: Merdocc

tiger61378

Jul 4, 2015
Damn...and I'm going to be getting lonely out here..probably around 1kylie out from home now. Have a nice LONG trip planned, although I'm busy scanning out another system now. And I saw something....odd. Graphics glitch I think, for a moment a metal rich planet looked like a racing helmet, with a big squarish opening in it...Thargoids? Glitch? I didn't get the pic off fast enough :( And I'm calling it a night now. Just parked around the outer planet in COL 359 SECTOR JW-M D7-B6.

BCA37A1497E1235BD9BA9A4A799329C037415E8A

Oh, and btw...this is an odd solar flare...I swear there was chunks of stellar matter flying up as well as the usual gases! Look at the far left chunks...they were solid, 3d modelled chunks.

9B9BAE047614F648AE3B9133970B201F0E6D1AFC

Hurricane Moon

Jul 4, 2015
Southampton UK
now thats a interesting find,looks like flames......i want to go to the edges of the galaxy,but my god will it take a long time....and once you get a certain distance...theres no point in turning back.

it intigues me greatly though....keep up the fantastic posts and scouting ops.