57 hours a week

Cyclog

Nov 7, 2012
Hi Guys,

Found a new job,i will be working 57 hours a week. For the next 5 months. If i can find a better job before that that will change. I will be working from monday to saturday and i need to get my gaming pc to a repair center because its Power supply fan is failing. I will try to be online on Sundays or Saturday nights after my pc is repaired. (I will take it to the repair center next week,i guess i will get it back after that week,hopefully)

Take Care,

Cyclog

Nov 7, 2012
Handheld RFID Terminal Software and the design of other industrial stuff's interface (i think thats what gonna happen),its a small group working for a big factory as a contractor,best part is i am getting paid like 600 pounds a month for this job.

Cyclog

Nov 7, 2012
[quote="Hitman Zeus" post=14026]Wauw! You need a tester? ;)[/quote]

Its a horrible hand-held terminal. Really bad to code for but if we hire i will let you know. :) :) :) :)

F

Frymewitheggs

Forgive me for pondering but are you in the UK doing this job?

If you are working 57 hours a week I would expect to see your pay no less than around £1,400 per month if your company is paying you minimum wage...

Cyclog

Nov 7, 2012
[quote="SankakuGames" post=14059]57 hours and earning 600 a month...

You could work less hours and earn more per month at McDonalds...[/quote]

Ouch... :(

I am not from UK but even if i was do Computer Programmers have a union there ?

They dont have one here. They asked me if i can work crunch hours i said yes. It would be all over soon. 5 months is nothing in civillian life compared to military service. Only bad part it takes me 2 hours to get to work(4 hours on the road per day ,6 days a week...gaaaahhhh) . I like my job but the time i spent on the road is brutal. I can't read or use the computer.

welph

Veterans
Jul 31, 2014
[quote="Cyclog" post=14188][quote="SankakuGames" post=14059]57 hours and earning 600 a month...

You could work less hours and earn more per month at McDonalds...[/quote]

Ouch... :(

I am not from UK but even if i was do Computer Programmers have a union there ?

They dont have one here. They asked me if i can work crunch hours i said yes. It would be all over soon. 5 months is nothing in civillian life compared to military service. Only bad part it takes me 2 hours to get to work(4 hours on the road per day ,6 days a week...gaaaahhhh) . I like my job but the time i spent on the road is brutal. I can't read or use the computer.[/quote]

This might be wrongly translated from google, but you should be able to join trade union for civil servants. We don't have a special union for programmers here either(Sweden). But why don't you talk to colleagues(if you have any)?

Cyclog

Nov 7, 2012
Thanks for the advice Welph but i am gonna stand my ground. Grind this 5 months and buy a couple of titan cards for my pc or do the responsible thing and save it for rainy days. (Choices,choices..choices...)

Anyway i will probably find a new job in 5 months because these guys are gonna move to a different factory and do a another project there for couple of months too. So i have to find a new job. In Turkey we don't have unions for this stuff,crunching is expected for programmers some companies do it,some companies dont. Since mine is a small one its expected. At least i am getting paid for the job i do if i can only get rid of this stupid RFID terminal,god damn it. To Anybody who is reading this whatever you do never,ever,EVER get a MC3190-Z or MC9090 motorola terminal and try to program it,its horrible and incredibly stupid. It doesnt have any documentation to help you.