Alpha squad name reserve link

welph

Veterans
Jul 31, 2014
Thanks for the heads up. Have registered Welph now. Just hope that Frankie gets her name now.........so she won't be that grumpy someone had called her ;)

Kur

Aug 26, 2014
I'm thinking of changing my name, it sounds to much like Quran, my name in other games in Raeth but I got tired of that, so I'm going to think up a new one, if anyone has any suggestions :p

R

RedSnow

if for some reason when you typ you're name in it says the name is unavaible.

Load up the website again. Cause it is a little buggy. But hey! whats new in planetside2!

Godbeast

Oct 24, 2012
Name successfully reserved. So I guess it's official, I'm sticking with Godbeast.

J

Jamriko

I feel like no-one is going to take Jamriko, so I am thinking of reserving a really funny/popular name that would be one that would normally be taken in seconds... Suggestions?

Godbeast

Oct 24, 2012
Wrath.

Incidentally I got that name when I made my DK after Wrath of the Lich King came out. That nobody had taken it is beyond me.

Creed would be awesome also. CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!

Ciaphas likewise.

DeltaWidow

Community Leader
Aug 25, 2014
West Midlands, England
'ThatGuy'

so you would have as NC/VS 'You were killed by ThatGuy'

Something related to that would work I think Kuran :)

Although in PS1 I remember someone's name was 'AGuyWalkedIntoAGayBarAnd'

'AGuyWalkedIntoAGayBarAnd killed mrmaans'

cplsliver

Oct 23, 2012
Mrmaans, if you plan on spending any money to get station cash to buy camo or anything else in game. I would say its worth getting alpha squad. you pay $40 and you get $40 worth of station cash. in addition you get to reserver your name, get some camo patern, some free weapon unlocks, an emblem, and a title. i know technically non of it is free because you paid $40. but, I view it like I went to a money exchange, traded $40 for 40 smedbucks and they gave me guns, camo, emblem, title just for stopping by.

ok the button to click to reserve name was not working on my work computer. so i tried it on my phone. it worked. I will be known as Sliver. so on the 20th once i get my new name I'll ask Juggs to update my mumble name. though that probably wont be necessary.

also, people continue to call me silver, the shiny metal. instead of sliver. its ok though i know they are talking to me and the I and the L look very similar when typed out.

mrmaans

Oct 18, 2012
Good point!

I don't really like F2P anyway.

I will get alpha squad I will become a monthly paying member and I will eat noodles. ;)

welph

Veterans
Jul 31, 2014
Smedley says on twitter:

looks like our name reservation site was accidentally made live. We'll be erasing all the names that were reserved.

Alpha Squad Name Reservation page will go live on Monday November 6th at 7am Pacific Time.

A

Arucard

There was a broadcast within the game stating that the people who reserved their name already will have it wiped and that you will need to register your name again at a later date :(

cplsliver

Oct 23, 2012
thats not right. they should just lock it down for now and retain the current names and reopen it when they intended to. that way those that reserved their name now wont potentially lose it in the future.

A

Arucard

Smeg has stated on Twitter that the name reservation goes live on the 5th Nov 7am Pst, 3pm GMT

dnaRIP

Co-Leader
Staff member
Community Leader
Feb 14, 2012
The site is not loading for me! :shootsite:

:edit: I just saw the posts about Smeds...