Application: Aestion

Aestion

May 9, 2013
Name: Felix Larsson

In-Game name: Aestion

Previous Planetside experience: Played for a while when it came out, then took a break, now I've started playing again and is looking for an outfit. My old account didn't work anymore, so I'm back at rank 1, woohoo.

Outfit history (if applicable): Nothing noteworthy, been going through a lot of public ones, been leading some squads as well.

Other (online) games you have played / achievements: Played all kinds of stuff, like BF2, WoW(;_;), Starcraft etc. Have lately been playing a lot of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, one of the few games I can say I'm actually good at, playing in a clan and doing some scrims and stuff.
Favorite game of all time: Rome Total War or Europa Universalis 3(I know, I'm such a nerd...).

Do you have a mic? Yes/No: Yes, usually not shy of talking, but not living alone, so I might not always be able to. They complain about not being able to sleep or something like that, no idea what they're talking about..

What you hope to bring to BRTD: What I say in the "What is your preferred play style" section. I play quite a lot, at least for the moment. I'm an orienteerer irl, so I'm seriously good at reading maps, and doing it in a hurry, can actually be useful in this game.
I saw recruitment was closed, but really, it can't hurt applying anyway, right?

What made you choose this outfit over any other organized outfit? I saw you at the warpgate in game, asked about joining, and someone told me to go to this webpage, and it seems like a perfect place for me, the right amount of seriousness.

How did you hear about Better Red Than Dead? Saw you in game.

What is your preferred play style: Infantry/Armour/Aircraft? Engineer on foot or in vehicle. Not killing that much, but repairing and ammoing the hell out of everyone. I'm not a very good shooter, but got a good game sense and a strategical mind.

Anything else you'd like to add: Uh, I don't know... I can write you a song if you accept me ;D

dnaRIP

Co-Leader
Staff member
Community Leader
Feb 14, 2012
Greetings Aestion,

Welcome to BRTD! You have been placed on a 2 week trial basis which is a standard procedure for all new recruits. It is required that you download Mumble (our preference over Teamspeak) and use the "Mumble Login" link at the top of the webskly or alternatively use the server details listed here: www.brtd.net/mumble

Please start using Mumble within the next week so that our Officers can set your permissions properly. If you have any trouble please consult the FAQ section: www.brtd.net/faq-guides or ask an officer who will be happy to assist you (you will need an officer to authenticate you on the mumble server when you first log in). Password: LuckySeven

You may also find useful outfit related information in the combined information thread: www.brtd.net/forum-s/2-Public-Forum/1355...d-information-thread

If you will, please introduce yourself to the rest of the outfit by making a post here: www.brtd.net/forum-s/2-Public-Forum/7-hello-and-welcome

Check out our Training & Tactical Guides/Suggestions forum to get the low-down on how BRTD operates in-game: www.brtd.net/forum/training-tactics-guides-suggestions

Our outfit plays on the EU Miller server; our squads are often open and listed (though ask on mumble for an invite if they are not). When you are set up on Mumble, please ask an officer for an outfit invite so you can join our squads in-game.

BRTD are currently developing our combined arms approach so there is the potential to branch out into more air or ground vehicle related roles should you want to, but as it stands infantry still form the majority of the skill base in our outfit.

We request that all the outfit members like us on facebook and/or twitter as this really helps with the community aspect. Links to both of these pages can be found on the left hand side of the main website (www.brtd.net).

We are glad you have chosen to us, and look forward to gaming with you.

Kind Regards,
dnaRIP

dnaRIP

Co-Leader
Staff member
Community Leader
Feb 14, 2012
Also, please redo your application as we have added two pieces of information that we would like. See this thread and pay attention to Step Two:

http://www.brtd.net/forum/Recruitment/325-please-read-before-submitting-an-application#3185

Just reply to this thread with the two additional pieces of information. Thanks

dnaRIP

Co-Leader
Staff member
Community Leader
Feb 14, 2012
We have looked up your characters and they do not currently meet our revised recruitment standards. You are welcome to re-apply once you have met or exceeded them.

It also appears that you are currently a member of OCB. I have spoken with one of their officers and they have no issues with you applying to BRTD. Good luck and we would welcome you once you have met our new requirements.