[APPLICATION] Ashoto

Ashoto

Oct 1, 2012
Hello, BRTD!
Name: George
In-Game name: Ashoto
Previous Planetside experience: I haven't played Planetside before.
Outfit history (if applicable): -
Other (online) games you have played / achievements: I've been a WoW player for around 6 years. Before that it was long years of DIablo 2 and Counter Strike. Even further back I played Quake 2 and SC:Brood War. The latest FPS I really liked was Tribes:Ascend.
Do you have a mic? yes/no: I have a mic, yes.
What you hope to bring to BRTD: I'd say I'm a decent FPS player and I like seeing and being a part of team synergy. I'm excited about all the possibilities this game provides and eager to try them out.
What made you choose this outfit over any other organized outfit: You guys seem to have some history, which is always to be preferred. I like the casual tone in which you write. That points to a good atmosphere in-game. And of course - you are a part of The Terran Republic!
What do you want from BRTD: I'm looking forward to some organized action. I love the game so far and I can sense the epicness behind a well co-ordinated squad. I would love to have a place in something BIG! To feel a part of something grand. That is one thing I miss, ever since I stopped raiding in WoW.
What is your preferred play style: I'm leaning more towards the heavy stuff at the moment because I'm having FPS issues. I tweaked the settings a bit last night, so it's better now. I am confused by the flying controls and can't seem to get used to them. Every flight-simulator I've played before handled differently. I wouldn't, at this point, advise people to put their lives in my hands when it comes to flying :whistle:
Anything else you'd like to add: I'm hoping to bring some of that "sense of accomplishment" back in my gaming. I remember how good it feels when you tackle a hard task with a large group of people. I'd like to have another taste of that. To be a part of something bigger.
To be honest, TotalBiscuit got me interested in PlanetSide 2. He was so enthusiastic about it, I couldn't help myself but try it.

Edit: This went on Public Forum... Oh my! I feel stupid now.

Boostoff

You, Me, Closet, 7Min, Heaven, Now..
Oct 7, 2014
Washington, USA
www.BRTD.net
Hi George!
Your application has been accepted, Welcome to BRTD for your 2 week trial basis!
We need you on comms ASAP, so please download mumble (our version of Teamspeak) and use the "Mumble Login" link at the top of the website or alternatively use the server details listed here: www.brtd.net/forum-s/2-Public-Forum/1413...-server?limitstart=0
Join the BRTD Facebook page! ; BRTD on Facebook
We will expect you to start using mumble within the next week, if you have any trouble please consult the FAQ section: www.brtd.net/faq-guides or ask an officer who will be happy to assist you (you will need an officer to authenticate you on the mumble server when you first log in).
Post here and introduce yourself; Welcome Forum
The outfit training officers have a thread set up, so if you require training in any particular gameplay aspect drop them a message here; TRAINING
The outfit plays on the Thyon server; our squads are often open and listed (though ask on mumble for an invite if they are not). The outfit feature in game is currently bugged so until it is fixed we will not be using it and will be relying purely on mumble and ingame squads.
When asking for a squad invite, or ammo, or a heal / rez, please ask by using your In-game name first, and not " I ".
Welcome, and I look forward to seeing you in-game!
Also check out the BRTD Facebook page!
-Boostoff