[Application] AtlasLazzurs

AtlasLazzurs

Nov 25, 2012
Name: Gregor or BB

In-Game name: AtlasLazzurs

Previous Planetside experience: Yeah :). Got to about BR20 ages ago, then picked it up again when it became F2P earlier this year. Also BR12 just now in PS2

Outfit history (if applicable): Yeah, BRTD :D, i knew Cuch/Dagda from another game and he told me about you guys. I was under the name BBLazzurs back then i think. During the F2P period i wasn't in an Outfit, but i made a conscious effort to join your squads regularly.

Other (online) games you have played / achievements: I've played computer games since I've been about 4-5 years old, so loads haha :D. The main ones would be Counter-Strike (Pre 1.6 to CS:S), SWG (& JTL), Dawn of War, BF2142, Halo3, BF:BC2, GW2, Halo4 and many more, but these were the ones I played most.

Do you have a mic? yes/no: Yep. I won't talk much until i get to know people a bit better, so I'll just sit and listen in...I'm creepy like that.

What you hope to bring to BRTD: *Read the 'Anything Else' bit first please :);
I feel that I'd bring a solid support player, competent FPSer and a dabbler of Strategy based stuff to BRTD, who listens to what he's told during ops, as well as an interesting personality for the not-so-super-serious times.

What made you choose this outfit over any other organized outfit?
Well, i used to run with you guys, and i definitely enjoyed the cohesion and coordination that was on the go during ops and was made to feel like i had a place and role to play within your platoons, which was cool. And during the PS1 F2P time, i had some good fun in your squads as well, you all seemed like sound dudes/dudettes. A few of my friends from other games are also joining you guys for PS2, which is a cool coincidence (Welph Zumbee, Ridlaw, ZeroJee, ThetisMidvar and maybe a few more stragglers :D), so I'd like to bro-up with them as well as meet some new folk.

What is your preferred play style: Infantry Support, Ground Transport/Support and Quick-Strike Armoured stuff :). I'm working on kitting out my Sunderer and Engineer class just now, and can see myself sticking with them both for most of my playtime (The AMR-66 is glorious when my FPS is high enough to use it!)....I also regularly enjoy going a bit mental in a Lightning with the HE turret :) and would love to be part of some organized Lightning Wolf-packs on occasion...The one-Lightning Wolf-pack isn't working out so well just now lol.

Anything else you'd like to add: Yeah...I have terrible performance with PS2 lol :), my framerate for small outpost fights can be between 10-40 FPS...For zergs its in single figures... So just now I'm almost useless in combat situations, other than doing my support stuff (which I've always enjoyed anyway...) like running resupply, repairing vehicles and bases, sometimes even manning the base turrets if they don't get ninja'd off me during a repair :). This is the reason I put off applying to you chaps during beta and waited until now.

Basically, what I'm saying is; if you guys don't mind someone who'll be useless in terms of killing bad chaps during medium to big fights (it's playable until like 20-30 or so people get involved on the two or three sides), and there's no like, outfit player limit which would be better for someone else who can actually aim during a big fight, then I'd love to get involved with BRTD as soon as.

Once i get myself a job i can justify spending the money from my savings on a whole host of upgrades and then pay myself back, until then i don't mind playing without an outfit and completely understand if you would rather have a fully able member, instead of myself....I'll definitely drop another application in once I've moved on from my powerpoint presentation version of PS2 if you don't want me just yet.

EDIT: Now that a sony name has said you can fiddle with .ini stuff (http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/important-client-modifications.54265/ in here), i'm able to get to a playable framerate, and in fairly big fights im more useful than a fart in a space suit now :).

Zumbee

Nov 4, 2012
Heya dude, didn't realise you had put an app in :)

Still think you should be trying out some of the .ini edits for better fps :p

J

Jamriko

Hello Atlas,

Due to the circumstance of you being a friend of BRTD's members, I'd be happy to welcome you as a trial member of BRTD! You have been accepted on a 2 week trial basis which is a standard procedure for all new recruits. It is required that you download Mumble (our preference over Teamspeak) and use the "Mumble Login" link at the top of the webskly or alternatively use the server details listed here: www.brtd.net/mumble

Please start using Mumble within the next week so that our Officers can set your permissions properly. If you have any trouble please consult the FAQ section: www.brtd.net/faq-guides or ask an officer who will be happy to assist you (you will need an officer to authenticate you on the mumble server when you first log in).

You may also find useful outfit related information in the combined information thread: http://www.brtd.net/forum-s/2-Public-Forum/1355-combined-information-thread

If you will, please introduce yourself to the rest of the outfit by making a post here: http://www.brtd.net/forum-s/2-Public-Forum/7-hello-and-welcome

Check out our Training & Tactical Guides/Suggestions forum to get the low-down on how BRTD operates in-game: http://www.brtd.net/forum/training-tactics-guides-suggestions

Our outfit plays on the Eurydome server; our squads are often open and listed (though ask on mumble for an invite if they are not). The outfit feature in game is currently bugged so until it is fixed we will not be using it and will be relying purely on mumble and ingame squads.

BRTD are currently developing our combined arms approach so there is the potential to branch out into more air or ground vehicle related roles should you want to, but as it stands infantry still form the majority of the skill base in our outfit.

We request that all the outfit members like us on facebook and/or twitter as this really helps with the community aspect. Links to both of these pages can be found on the left hand side of the main website (www.brtd.net).

We hope you enjoy your time with us!

Regards,
Jamriko

DeltaWidow

Community Leader
Aug 25, 2014
West Midlands, England
well if you still feel the need to play support now thatyou got good FPS, lesican does this "Garage" for Air Wing and Reapers where he brings ammo sundy and plays engineer as aircraft come to him for repair/rearm - sure he could do with a hand whenn repping & defending :)