Application: Barbedwire

Barbedwire

Jan 27, 2013
Name: Lasse

In-Game name: Barbedwire

Previous Planetside experience: Around two months

Outfit history (if applicable): None

Other (online) games you have played / achievements: Battlefield 1942/Vietnam/2/3, Team Fortress 2, Counter strike, World of Warcraft, Warhammer Online,

Do you have a mic? yes/no: Yes, though I got kind of a phobia for talking over mic or phone to people I don't know, something about not being able to see their facial expressions, that said - I will ofcourse talk tactics / say when I spot people and such but I'm not very chatty about casual stuff.

What you hope to bring to BRTD: Another cog in the great machine of the Terran Republic, I'm good at taking orders and following them immidiately and generally prioritise the team over myself, I dont mind dying ten times in a row if that helps us take over a base, my view is that if the team wins then I win, I don't win by having a awesome k/d score by staying away from the objective and picking people off.

What made you choose this outfit over any other organized outfit: I went though the first page of recruitment topics on the official forums and this one seemed nice, a good balance of serious organised gameplay with a mix of humour.

What do you want from BRTD: I want to be in a outfit where I feel like what I do matters and not simply being one of a few hundred unorganised players in a zerg that conquers territory without having to think becourse of sheer mass.

What is your prefered play style: Infantry/Armour/Aircraft: Infantry, more specifically Combat Medic but I'll happily change to HA if there's tanks rushing us or Engi if the Sunderer needs repairing and so on.. I also really enjoy being secondary gunner in MBT's aslong as it doesn't have the standard weapon, I couldn't kill someone standing still infront of me with that thing.

Boostoff

You, Me, Closet, 7Min, Heaven, Now..
Oct 7, 2014
Washington, USA
www.BRTD.net
Hiyas Lasse!

I'm glad to inform you that you've been added to the outfit on a 2 week trial basis (standard procedure for all new recruits). Please take the time to download Mumble (our preference over Teamspeak) and use the "Mumble Login" link at the top of the website or alternatively use the server details listed here: www.brtd.net/mumble

Please attempt to start using Mumble within the next week (it's very important for coordination). If you have any trouble please consult the FAQ section: www.brtd.net/faq-guides or ask an officer who will be happy to assist you (you will need an officer to authenticate you on the mumble server when you first log in). Password: LuckySeven

You may also find useful outfit related information in the combined information thread: www.brtd.net/forum-s/2-Public-Forum/1355...d-information-thread

If you will, please introduce yourself to the rest of the outfit by making a post here: www.brtd.net/forum-s/2-Public-Forum/7-hello-and-welcome

Check out our Training & Tactical Guides/Suggestions forum to get the low-down on how BRTD operates in-game: www.brtd.net/forum/training-tactics-guides-suggestions

Our outfit plays on the EU Miller server; our squads are often open and listed (though ask on mumble for an invite if they are not). When you are set up on Mumble, please ask an officer for an outfit invite so you can join our squads in-game.

BRTD are currently developing our combined arms approach so there is the potential to branch out into more air or ground vehicle related roles should you want to, but as it stands infantry still form the majority of the skill base in our outfit.

We request that all the outfit members like us on facebook and/or twitter as this really helps with the community aspect. Links to both of these pages can be found on the left hand side of the main website (www.brtd.net).

Welcome to the Thunderdome!

-Boostoff