[APPLICATION] Damager

D

Damager

Name: Max

In-Game name: Damager (yet to be confirmed, I'm not in beta yet)

Previous Planetside experience:

- Outfit history:

First & Only (NC (2003)), Shadow Company (NC (2004-5)). I had joined NC to play with some of the members of my former Quake III Arena clan, from 2005 onward however I followed my true calling as a soldier of the Terran Republic.

Outcasters (TR) (wasn't for me), Soul Reapers (TR) (briefly), possibly Blood Legion (TR) on trial membership while I gave the game another bash. Outside of outfits, mostly I've played support work, muscle work and infiltration by myself, but my contributions and initiative often found me in the same place at the same time as the best outfits TR have to offer.

Other (online) games you have played / achievements:

- Quake III Arena (1999 -> 2005): enjoyed some league success with my clan in division 1 Jolt gaming and Demonclans leagues. Frequently smashed and topped the scoreboards in the chaos of Free For All rounds.
- Was a keen fan of RTS games (C&C, TA, Dark Reign, Warcraft) up until 2002ish which is part of what attracted me to Planetside.
- Various MMORPGs: all of which are irrelevant to me now but for Warhammer Online, which most closely resembled the persistent world of Planetside, including the ability for any player to join and fight PVP at any level without any PVE requirement, and its strategic team/guild-based PVP continent conquering and base-sieging nature. The only thing I learned from Lineage 2 is the ability to withstand repetitive grind, which I now put to use working out. Thanks Lineage 2, thanks and good riddance.
- WH40K Space Marine: Brilliant fun. Underrated multiplayer let down by poor development and implementation on PCs.
- Tried Halo, thought it was crap.
- Tried various incarnations of Tribes, admire the pros, tire of the playstyle.
- Enjoyed Battlefield series but found it limited next to Planetside.
- AVP2: Tons of fun, great variation of gameplay styles.
- Many, many other games of the FPS/MMO/RTS genres.
- Uno
- Noughts & Crosses

Do you have a mic? yes/no: Not currently.

What you hope to bring to BRTD: Dogged determination, accuracy, loyalty, extreme violence. I am a MAX operator first and foremost, and a capable one. I am flexible when it comes to roles (just don't make me a medic!), but happiest and most effective in a MAX suit.

Anything else you'd like to add: I am familiar with many of the names here, mostly from a distance, but I know enough to be impressed and confident in your strength as an outfit. As a long time student of graphic design and interfaces I am also highly impressed with the website, art direction and propaganda materials you create and utilise. What attracts me to this outfit is what attracts me to the Terran Republic. This is good.
I just want to have a good time with good people, killing traitors and heretics, let's do this.

Flaws:
With 'the pump' that gives me godly aim can come a violent disposition, I fight within me at times a fire of irrationality that occasionally becomes word. This is not frequent, nor extreme and I am usually in good spirits - I just think it should be stated. It is the reason I no longer lead clans, guilds, outfits or squads. I have minimal tolerance for fools and people who completely ignore the command structure, but I maintain the ability to survey the battlefield with the experienced eye of one who *has* led.

DeltaWidow

Community Leader
Aug 25, 2014
West Midlands, England
Bit of a read haha :) Like I said before always need more MAXes, and don't worry I'll be the Medic. I can see your a great character with a lot of experience to offer, and can't wait to talk to you on chat. Glad to see you're interested in us, cya in game soon mate (waiting to build myself a new one to handle PS2)
Uno? All about the Monopoly

You have been Accepted into BRTD - I will send you private message with Mumble info (Voice comms like TS3/Vent)
Don't forget to post a quick hello if you haven't in here: www.brtd.net/community/2-Public-Forum/7-hello-and-welcome
I'll ask a admin to register you on forum. Jump on voice when you want and make yourself at home
Don't forget to check this thread out: www.brtd.net/community/2-Public-Forum/13...d-information-thread
Will contain anything you need help with.

Cya ingame
-DW

Reactions: 1 person