Application for IronballsMcGinty

IronballsMcGinty

Amaze Balls
Veterans
Dec 21, 2012
Name: IronballsMcGinty

Age: 42 (mental age somewhere in my early teens according to my wife).

In-Game name: IronballsMcGinty

Previous Planetside experience: Played PS1 to death from the early days. Initially on Werner as a member of the NC but later as Vanu due to playing with a large group of people in a LAN-center. Having 30 people in a platoon all in the same room is quite a thrill, even if I didn't particularly like the Vanu style of play.

Outfit history (if applicable): Played in the BHO outfit as NC and was a tank commander in charge of a squadron of tanks. Plenty of heavy armour and infantry experience.

Other (online) games you have played / achievements: Where to start? WoW, Star Wars Galaxies, EvE, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online etc. etc.
WoW and Galaxies were strong games and I played them both for years. Planetside 1 was my game of choice for a long time. I particularly like FPS online action and have been a member of TeamXtreme Counterstrike Clan for about 6 years now although the guys are mainly playing Battlefield now (which is really more of a skirmish game compared to the large scale war of PS2).
I don't think I've ever played an online game where I haven't maxed out a character and finished all quests/dungeons/missions. I'm what computer designers refer to as a 'Completionist'.

Do you have a mic? yes/no: Yes

What you hope to bring to BRTD: My debonair style, James Bond good looks and a flair for killing anything that isn't Red. Seriously, I'm a well experienced, mature gamer with a sense of humour who is looking to have fun with a bunch of like minded people. I'm happy to follow orders and enjoy working as part of a team. I'm also quite content to give orders should it ever be required.

What made you choose this outfit over any other organized outfit: I know one of your members and he recommended you to me. I've also played with some BRTD members and you seem friendly, inclusive and organised; all really good qualities in an online Clan.

What do you want from BRTD: Fun. The Outfit is the route to greater game enjoyment in PS and BRTD comes highly rated.

What is your prefered play style: Infantry/Armour/Aircraft: I'm easy, although I probably have most experience as Engi/Armour.

Anything else you'd like to add: I'm serious about PS2 and have already bought premium membership for a year plus quite a lot of store points for fast weapon unlocks. I'm just looking forward to joining BRTD and hope you consider my application seriously. Thanks guys, look forward to hearing from you!

Craig (IronballsMcGinty)

D

Dotz0r

Hi

I'd like to take the time to welcome you as a trial member of BRTD! You have been accepted on a 2 week trial basis which is a standard procedure for all new recruits. It is required that you download Mumble (our preference over Teamspeak) and use the "Mumble Login" link at the top of the webskly or alternatively use the server details listed here: www.brtd.net/mumble

Please start using Mumble within the next week so that our Officers can set your permissions properly. If you have any trouble please consult the FAQ section: www.brtd.net/faq-guides or ask an officer who will be happy to assist you (you will need an officer to authenticate you on the mumble server when you first log in).

You may also find useful outfit related information in the combined information thread: www.brtd.net/forum-s/2-Public-Forum/1355...d-information-thread

If you will, please introduce yourself to the rest of the outfit by making a post here: www.brtd.net/forum-s/2-Public-Forum/7-hello-and-welcome

Check out our Training & Tactical Guides/Suggestions forum to get the low-down on how BRTD operates in-game: www.brtd.net/forum/training-tactics-guides-suggestions

Our outfit plays on the EU Miller server; our squads are often open and listed (though ask on mumble for an invite if they are not). When you are set up on Mumble, please ask an officer for an outfit invite so you can join our squads in-game.

BRTD are currently developing our combined arms approach so there is the potential to branch out into more air or ground vehicle related roles should you want to, but as it stands infantry still form the majority of the skill base in our outfit.

We request that all the outfit members like us on facebook and/or twitter as this really helps with the community aspect. Links to both of these pages can be found on the left hand side of the main website (www.brtd.net).

We hope you enjoy your time with us!

Regards,

Dotz0r

P.s Mumble PW sent via PM - check the community tab