[APPLICATION] GeekZo

GeekZo

Dec 8, 2012
I do know that you’re not recruiting atm. But since you haven’t made any updates to your status (“Recruitment is now closed till after 1-2 week launch,” See /join-us) and (Recruitment Closed Again (topic ) see /forum/recruitment ) I thought I’d just say hi and such :]

I’ve been looking to join BRTD since the week before launch (PS2), but a hardware crash threw me back to the Stone Age. I’ve since been waiting for you to open up…
I do not expect anything from you, but a status update would be nice. I’d like to know whether it is worth waiting for a spot here. So could you please. :=)
Thanks.

(Just in case, here’s my application)
Name: GeekZo (You do not need my SOE account name, right?)
Previous Planetside experience:
I’ve played since the last month of PS2 Beta. + been filled in by RivaL Xfactor (Youtube)

Outfit history (if applicable): None

Other (online) games you have played / achievements:
I’ve been a serious gamer for the last 4-5 years and played every genre. My profession is in strategy but loads of time spent in the FPS have given me a steady aim. I’ve played a mental amount of Battlefield 1942 in my even younger youth and this is my connection to PS2. My community experience lies in the online browser world. I’ve played big and small roles in the administration of “clans” e.g. founder, diplomat both in my own language and in English.

Do you have a mic? Yes/No: Yes, of course.

What you hope to bring to BRTD:
A stable all around guy who knows what he’s doing. I see myself as that guy you can count on in a tight situation. I carry out my order in an autonomous way (unless I’ve asked not to). I play the game the most optimal way seen from the TR perspective (or outfit). This usually requires a sneaky and mental gameplay (as in “if he does that, then I’ll…”).

What made you choose this outfit over any other organized outfit:
I’ve primarily been looking into three outfits (208th STR, GoonBrigade and you). I’ve chosen you because of the professional layout/organisation and keeping the game for what it is – a game. I have really high expectations of you, and can’t wait to conquer the universe (server) with you.

What is your preferred play style: Infantry/Armour/Aircraft:
I’m an all-around guy because of my gaming experience (see other games I’ve played topic). So where am I needed? If I myself must pick one, then put me on the infantry, cause why not? :)

Anything else you'd like to add:
My strengths/features:
A decent gamer with a wide skill level. An Alpha squad and Premium member (PS2). An autonomous and strategized player. A soldier ready to die (in game) for TR’s glory.

J

Jamriko

Hello GeekZo,

Unfortunately, BRTD's Recruitment is closed to the general public at this moment in time, however it will re-open within the next week! Please feel free to make another thread at that time, or request that this post is re-reviewed once it is open.

However, if you were pointed to BRTD by a current member, please do say so and get that member to post here on your application so we can continue with the process.

Sorry for any inconvience,
Jamriko

TLDR; Recruitment will open shortly! Stay tuned!

GeekZo

Dec 8, 2012
Thank you, I guess. I can see you’ve done some copy and paste. I do not blame you, but come on. You could at least have noted as an “Official copy and paste message to all the current application we cannot accept due to a lack of TR war pigeons” :silly:
I’ll just wait till next week. :whistle:

DeltaWidow

Community Leader
Aug 25, 2014
West Midlands, England
'lo Geek,

The outfit clean up has been more-a-less done so now I will pressure leaders for the all green to open recruitment - should be 1-2 days least - less hopefully.

Sorry for inconvenience and thank you for you patients mate :)

GeekZo

Dec 8, 2012
Thanks mate. Yeah, the business is kinda hard and unforgiving. Just remember what
[quote=" Jerome K. Jerome" post=8151]'“I like work; it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.”,
[/quote]
Take care :=)

D

Dotz0r

If still interested please reply to this thread.

- Thanks Dotz0r

J

Jamriko

Greetings again GeekZo!

Look what I have brought you; More copy and pasted gubbins!

Welcome to BRTD! You have been placed on a 2 week trial basis which is a standard procedure for all new recruits. It is required that you download Mumble (our preference over Teamspeak) and use the "Mumble Login" link at the top of the webskly or alternatively use the server details listed here: www.brtd.net/mumble

Please start using Mumble within the next week so that our Officers can set your permissions properly. If you have any trouble please consult the FAQ section: www.brtd.net/faq-guides or ask an officer who will be happy to assist you (you will need an officer to authenticate you on the mumble server when you first log in).

You may also find useful outfit related information in the combined information thread: http://www.brtd.net/forum-s/2-Public-Forum/1355-combined-information-thread

If you will, please introduce yourself to the rest of the outfit by making a post here: http://www.brtd.net/forum-s/2-Public-Forum/7-hello-and-welcome

Check out our Training & Tactical Guides/Suggestions forum to get the low-down on how BRTD operates in-game: http://www.brtd.net/forum/training-tactics-guides-suggestions

Our outfit plays on the EU Miller server; our squads are often open and listed (though ask on mumble for an invite if they are not). When you are set up on Mumble, please ask an officer for an outfit invite so you can join our squads in-game.

BRTD are currently developing our combined arms approach so there is the potential to branch out into more air or ground vehicle related roles should you want to, but as it stands infantry still form the majority of the skill base in our outfit.

We request that all the outfit members like us on facebook and/or twitter as this really helps with the community aspect. Links to both of these pages can be found on the left hand side of the main website (www.brtd.net).

We are glad you have chosen to us, and look forward to gaming with you.

Kind Regards,
Jamriko

GeekZo

Dec 8, 2012
Oh god why?! You will never defeat me copy and paste, never!

When that's said, thanks alot mate. Really appreciate it. Sadly I'm on my way to a christmas dinner, so I'll have to look at it later. See you all soon.

8842252-businessman-holding-his-fists-in-excitement-while-looking-at-laptop.jpg
My reaction when I got a new email with a notify from this topic.