[APPLICATION] HeatLegend

HeatLegend

Oct 2, 2012
Name:
Rikard

In-Game name:
HeatLegend (01 during beta most likely)

Previous Planetside experience:
Played the Planetside 2 Beta for several weeks now.

Outfit history (if applicable):
Just prior to signing up here I was in fact a very active 666th Devildog member since the Beta started. "Oh shit! NC-SPY!" you might be thinking now but fear not! I've always prefered the TR over the NC ever since I found out about the game; the reason I played the NC and on a US-server for that matter was that I have two friends who are old PS-vets who played as NC who insisted on going on a US server and rolling NC ( I could see the charm in that faction ). So I did, and of course US + NC = Devildogs for the ultimate experience. I used to be able to stay up till 3-4 am when I joined em but recently I've had to work early so I usually stop playing at 11 pm or so. And so I realized I couldn't do US anymore as I want to be around during prime-time ( which didnt happen till late at night for me on US ). And since I'm leaving those two in the 666th I figured I might as well go with my prefered faction.

Other (online) games you have played / achievements:
BF1942, BFBC2, BF3, L4D, WoW, Age of Conan, SWTOR, Tibia (ohyes), SW: Republic Commando, SW: Battlefront 2, Mount & Blade Warband (Mount and Musket for multiplayer- mostly played that game in Singleplayer though), Diablo 2 and 3, CS 1.6, CS:GO, Day of Defeat, WC3 to name a few. I mostly stick to Singleplayer games.
I've been more of a Strategic/RP-gamer in the past but I love FPS and felt that this game was a great mix of all three.

Do you have a mic? yes/no:
I dodileedo indeed! Was mandatory in the 666th so yes. I'm very active with reporting incommings and whatnot- tend not to do a lot of small-talk though, only when I'm in certain moods :p

What you hope to bring to BRTD:
Good teamplay player, active player. I would name more but I was taught not to be too self-righteous... You wont regret having me, if I put it like that :)

What made you choose this outfit over any other organized outfit:
Knew I needed a EU TR outfit with good numbers and teamplay. So I took a look on the PSU forums and saw you, checked your page out- found your Recruitment Video (PROPS TO WHOEVER MADE THAT!), checked out some of your teamplay and yeah... You had me :)

What do you want from BRTD:
The obvious: Good team-play with people who play seriously but at the same time in a laid-back manner. The Devildogs were nice but they had -SO- many members so it was hard to get to know people, I did get to know some of the usual Squad Leaders but yeah- I hope to get to know members personally here, it's so much more fun to play like that.

What is your prefered play style: Infantry/Armour/Aircraft:
My prefered play style is Mixed; I love all of them. But I mainly stick to infantry and my speciality is the Light Assault.
But I like to do a bit of everything; I'm very flexible. So if the squad needs any role filled I'll be happy to switch class. ( With exception of the Infiltrator... I've never liked being a Sniper... too cowardly )

Anything else you'd like to add:
Weeeeell... I think I'll just leave the rest for when I play with you all ( y'aaaalll ). I love the english language; i usually prefer typing in english as I feel way more fluent with it, but I could definitely use some practice with oral speaking.
For reference of me as a teamplayer:
My in-game name there was Heatisdie, he mentions me a little bit in the latter part of the video when the SL and I sweep the bottom floor 2 times.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG7wULkl5tQ
And what CV is complete without a picture of the applicant:
kinda old but it's the best I have.
61867_432878578859_821407_n.jpg

Placid

Sep 21, 2014
Hi Rikard,

Welcome to BRTD! We will be adding you to the outfit on a 2 week trial basis (standard procedure for new recruits). Please download mumble (our version of Teamspeak) and use the "Mumble Login" link at the top of the website or alternatively use the server details listed here: http://www.brtd.net/forum-s/2-Public-Forum/1413-new-mumble-voice-server?limitstart=0

Please try to start using mumble within the next week or so (it's very important for coordination). If you have any trouble please consult the FAQ section: www.brtd.net/faq-guides or ask an officer who will be happy to assist you (you will need an officer to authenticate you on the mumble server when you first log in).

You may also find useful outfit related information in the combined information thread: http://www.brtd.net/forum-s/2-Public-Forum/1355-combined-information-thread#1652

Please also introduce yourself to the rest of the outfit by making a post here: http://www.brtd.net/forum-s/search?q=hello%20and%20welcome&titleonly=1&childforums=1

The outfit training officers have a thread set up, so if you require training in any particular gameplay aspect drop them a message at http://www.brtd.net/forum-s/training-tactics-guides-suggestions/1476-new-members-training#2303

The outfit plays on the Thyone server; our squads are often open and listed (though ask on mumble for an invite if they are not). The outfit feature in game is currently bugged so until it is fixed we will not be using it and will be relying purely on mumble and ingame squads.

We are currently developing our combined arms approach so there is the potential to branch out into more air or ground vehicle related roles should you want to, but as it stands infantry still form the majority of the skill base in our outfit.

We request that all the outfit members like us on facebook and/or twitter as this really helps with the community aspect. Links to both of these pages can be found on the left hand side of the main website (www.brtd.net).

See you in game soon!

HeatLegend

Oct 2, 2012
Hi! Thanks for having me, sorry I wasnt around playing today- while browsing "Recent Topics" your reply didnt show up next to this thread for some reason... but I'll be on tomarrow :)

Liked and Followed Twitter and Facebook respectively.