[APPLICATION] Jysin

Jysin

Nov 1, 2012
Hello All!

Name: Jason
In-Game name: Jysin
Previous Planetside experience: To be perfectly honest, played PS1 for only a few months. While I did thoroughly enjoy it, I was very much still into Everquest 1 at the time. I have been in PS2 Beta since July, however I do need some refreshers!
Outfit history (if applicable): Can not remember to be honest.
Other (online) games you have played / achievements: Everquest 1: 2000-2004 (Darkwind) #1 worldwide Euro Guild / #3 Worldwide Guild (at peak); Everquest 2: (Xanadu / Advocatus Diaboli) 2004-2011 ; Everquest 1 2012 (Darkwind).
Do you have a mic? Yes, and have been on Mumble already!
What you hope to bring to BRTD: I have a decade of online multiplayer gaming experience to know things work best in teams. I have been a raid leader and I have been a follower and am perfectly happy doing either. I am also a bit of a techie (Engineer by trade) and happy to help other members with PC issues, etc as they arise.
What made you choose this outfit over any other organized outfit? Zunk has been a RL friend and have played together in many games and BRTD came to my attention with glowing reviews from him. I like the look of everything I have read, particularly the willingness to train others. I have 6 years of real military experience and know that training of everyone from the ground up makes for a well oiled machine. Quite impressed with the organization.
What is your prefered play style: Infantry/Armour/Aircraft - Infantry: Medic: My last serious MMO roles have been around healing classes, so I am used to running my ass off clicking dead bodies! - Armor: (you damn Euros spelled it wrong!) Cant say I have done a lot, but I like the speed of the Lightning. - Aircraft: I would love to learn, but I cant get 10 mins in a cockpit without being shot out of the sky or nosediving into a spectacular fireworks show.
Anything else you'd like to add: See you in game!

Placid

Sep 21, 2014
Hi Jason,

We'd be happy to add you to the outfit on a 2 week trial basis (standard procedure for all new recruits). Please download mumble (our version of Teamspeak) and use the "Mumble Login" link at the top of the website or alternatively use the server details listed here: http://www.brtd.net/mumble

Please try to start using mumble within the next week or so (it's very important for coordination). If you have any trouble please consult the FAQ section: www.brtd.net/faq-guides or ask an officer who will be happy to assist you (you will need an officer to authenticate you on the mumble server when you first log in).

You may also find useful outfit related information in the combined information thread: http://www.brtd.net/forum-s/2-Public-Forum/1355-combined-information-thread#1652

Please also introduce yourself to the rest of the outfit by making a post here: http://www.brtd.net/forum-s/search?q=hello%20and%20welcome&titleonly=1&childforums=1

The outfit training officers have a thread set up, so if you require training in any particular gameplay aspect drop them a message at http://www.brtd.net/forum-s/training-tactics-guides-suggestions/1476-new-members-training#2303

The outfit plays on the Eurydome server; our squads are often open and listed (though ask on mumble for an invite if they are not). The outfit feature in game is currently bugged so until it is fixed we will not be using it and will be relying purely on mumble and ingame squads.

We are currently developing our combined arms approach so there is the potential to branch out into more air or ground vehicle related roles should you want to, but as it stands infantry still form the majority of the skill base in our outfit.

We request that all the outfit members like us on facebook and/or twitter as this really helps with the community aspect. Links to both of these pages can be found on the left hand side of the main website (www.brtd.net).

We all look forward to seeing you in game!

Zunk

Veterans
Oct 2, 2012
Great to see you in the outfit J! B)

Jysin is one of the most skilled and dedicated gamers I've met in 15 years of on-line gaming. Externally, he is a ruthless killer; if you get to know him and dig deeper, you will come to realise he's a ruthless killer all the way to the core. VS/NC be warned. ;)

Reactions: 1 person

Jysin

Nov 1, 2012
Zunk, so much truth to that! I have tried being a better person. You know, playing healing classes the last few years and whatnot. Here I am again trying to see the light and be a Medic bringing aid to others, yet I find myself cackling with glee setting up C4 in the doorway choke-points of enemy bases watching bodies fly everywhere. Muahaha! Some day I will be a good guy! Someday...

Jysin

Nov 1, 2012
@cplsliver: I do contract work for the US government. Tech stuff! If you can plug it in, I can fix it.

Zunk

Veterans
Oct 2, 2012
....I thought that when the President presses the red button, your job was to make sure it worked... :woohoo: