[Application] Mazth

Mazth

Dec 19, 2012
Name: Emiliano
In-Game name: Mazth
Previous Planetside experience: N/A
Outfit history (if applicable): N/A
Other (online) games you have played / achievements: multiple RTS games, EVE, Guildwars, Tribes Ascend
Do you have a mic? Yes

What you hope to bring to BRTD:
A team player who likes to achieve goals together. Am quite new to the game but willing and hoping to learn from others with more experience. I play to have fun but when doing things I like to do them well.

What made you choose this outfit over any other organized outfit?
I believe I joined a platoon of you guys and it was a very nice experience, well organized and to the point. I was already recommended from all sides to join an outfit but this was such a difference in fun and gameplay that I decided to check you guys out and it looks very well organized, well experienced but more important a bit crazy here and there and it seems that you just have a lot of fun playing the game and that appealled to me a lot so here I am applying ^^.

What is your preferred play style:
By lack of experience with vehicles mostly infantry but air looks a lot of fun too, will have to practice more first to be of any use though =P. Armour doesn't appeal to me much, they don't feel mobile enough. I don't mind playing supportive characters, I like it best when I can fill a gap in the composition of the squad to round things out and be more effective and useful as a whole.

Anything else you'd like to add:
I'll be honest about my lack of experience in the fps genre, it is fairly non-existent apart from tribes for the last half year and that is quite another type of game so the fps part might be lacking somewhat (so I was happy to see that you guys do training) What I do have is quite a lot of experience in organized gameplay supported by voice communication. From doing dungeons in mmo's and teamgames in rts-es to larger scale battles in EVE and Guildwars. In all these I find things I can use in PS but most important I can listen and like to play with and for the team. I find working as a group and achieving goals together very dynamic and fun. Looking to get better, learn more ánd have fun in PS2 and BRTD looks like the right place for just that.

Mythx

Sep 26, 2012
Heya Mazth!

We will be more than willing to help you out if you new to FPS games, Tonight and Tomorrow night is recruit training! try make it!

I'd like to take the time to welcome you as a trial member of BRTD! You have been accepted on a 2 week trial basis which is a standard procedure for all new recruits. It is required that you download Mumble (our preference over Teamspeak) and the server details listed here: www.brtd.net/mumble

Please start using Mumble within the next week so that our Officers can set your permissions properly. If you have any trouble please consult the FAQ section: www.brtd.net/faq-guides or ask an officer who will be happy to assist you (you will need an officer to authenticate you on the mumble server when you first log in).

You may also find useful outfit related information in the combined information thread: www.brtd.net/forum-s/2-Public-Forum/1355...d-information-thread

If you will, please introduce yourself to the rest of the outfit by making a post here: www.brtd.net/forum-s/2-Public-Forum/7-hello-and-welcome

Check out our Training & Tactical Guides/Suggestions forum to get the low-down on how BRTD operates in-game: www.brtd.net/forum/training-tactics-guides-suggestions

Our outfit plays on the EU Miller server; our squads are often open and listed (though ask on mumble for an invite if they are not). When you are set up on Mumble, please ask an officer for an outfit invite so you can join our squads in-game.

BRTD are currently developing our combined arms approach so there is the potential to branch out into more air or ground vehicle related roles should you want to, but as it stands infantry still form the majority of the skill base in our outfit.

We request that all the outfit members like us on facebook and/or twitter as this really helps with the community aspect. Links to both of these pages can be found on the left hand side of the main website (www.brtd.net).

We hope you enjoy your time with us!

Regards,
MythX

Mazth

Dec 19, 2012
Wow that was fast, thanks!
I'll try to join the training ^^.

Also setting up Mumble atm, is there a way to see if ppl are in-game for the pw?

Mythx

Sep 26, 2012
At work at the moment, there should be someone on if you lucky :)
Will have to get mumble setup at work sometime so i can set perms from here.

Mythx

Sep 26, 2012
Ye, will be on at around 3GMT - 11GMT try catch me :)

Welcome aboard!