Application: Meteor

Meteor

Apr 20, 2013
Name: Rob
In-Game name: Meteor
Previous Planetside experience:
Planetside 1 veteran, played TR on Werner (although not in BRTD :( )
Planetside 2 since beta (Alpha Squad)
Outfit history (if applicable):
Did play in an Outfit in Planetside, don't remember the name.
No Outfits joined in PS2 yet, just played with some friends in small 2-3 man groups so far, now looking for some more organized action/fun :)
Other (online) games you have played / achievements:
Played a great deal of games (including online), including numerous FPS games like counter strike and battle field (pretty much all of them).
Also played other mmo's in guilds for organized raids & group events.
Do you have a mic? Yes/No: Yes, though can be a bit shy ;) and usually listen.
What you hope to bring to BRTD: I play combat medic mostly, engineer if I get a vehicle.
I have a lot of Liberator experience (both piloting and gunning) and have quite a few certs in it so can bring that into battle.
I'm good at following orders and will not give up easily ;)
What made you choose this outfit over any other organized outfit?
Hmm, several reasons, firstly I recognized the name, probably from my PS1 time.
Secondly I have been hearing a lot of good things about BRTD and I also saw you guys doing your quad race event, looked awesome ;)
So you all seem to be a fun bunch to be with, and fight for! :)
How did you hear about Better Red Than Dead Answered in previous question.
What is your preferred play style: Infantry/Armour/Aircraft?
As mentioned before, Combat Medic/Engineer when fighting as infantry and Liberator when airpower is needed.
But really I love pretty much all parts of the game and I tend to use other vehicles and loadouts aswell when they are needed (AMS sunderer, tanks, heavy assault etc).
Anything else you'd like to add:
I'm not sure if you are still recruiting at this time (maybe PS1 vets?), but still wanted to place my application since I really want to start playing in an outfit again.
There is only so much you can do when your solo ;). I hope you will keep me in mind when spaces open up and recruitment is opened again.
I don't currently have a set day/time that I play Planetside on, but this is mostly because I tend to play solo, or with 1/2 friends when they have time.
I will definitly join as many outfit events as possible, and try to join at times that the outfit is most active if I can :)

Meteor

Apr 20, 2013
Hi BRTD!

I just heard you reopened recruitment, and I would like to bump up my application to show that I am still very interested in joining!

Here is the additional info that was not in the original post:

Your battle Rank: 32

Planetside 2 Statistic : https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428010618031003345

dnaRIP

Co-Leader
Staff member
Community Leader
Feb 14, 2012
Greetings Meteor,

Welcome to BRTD! You have been placed on a 2 week trial basis which is a standard procedure for all new recruits. It is required that you download Mumble (our preference over Teamspeak) and use the "Mumble Login" link at the top of the webskly or alternatively use the server details listed here: www.brtd.net/mumble

Please start using Mumble within the next week so that our Officers can set your permissions properly. If you have any trouble please consult the FAQ section: www.brtd.net/faq-guides or ask an officer who will be happy to assist you (you will need an officer to authenticate you on the mumble server when you first log in). Password: LuckySeven

You may also find useful outfit related information in the combined information thread: www.brtd.net/forum/info/1355-combined-information-thread

If you will, please introduce yourself to the rest of the outfit by making a post here: http://www.brtd.net/forum/2-Public-Forum/7-hello-and-welcome

Check out our Training & Tactical Guides/Suggestions forum to get the low-down on how BRTD operates in-game: http://www.brtd.net/forum/training-tactics-guides-suggestions

Our outfit plays on the EU Miller server; our squads are often open and listed (though ask on mumble for an invite if they are not). When you are set up on Mumble, please ask an officer for an outfit invite so you can join our squads in-game.

BRTD are currently developing our combined arms approach so there is the potential to branch out into more air or ground vehicle related roles should you want to, but as it stands infantry still form the majority of the skill base in our outfit.

We request that all the outfit members like us on facebook and/or twitter as this really helps with the community aspect. Links to both of these pages can be found on the left hand side of the main website (www.brtd.net).

We are glad you have chosen to us, and look forward to gaming with you.

Kind Regards,
dnaRIP