[Application] Nom4d

Nom4d

Nov 10, 2012
Name
Alex van Dijk

In-Game name
Nom4d

Previous Planetside experience:
I've been a part of the Planetside 2 beta for about three months now, which has allowed me to pick up the basics of the game pretty well. I have no experience with the original Planetside however.

Outfit history (if applicable):
N/A

Other (online) games you have played / achievements
Too many games to mention, ranging from Unreal Tournament (classic) to World of Warcraft to the Anno series. I've played in guilds, clans,corporations you name it. Most notable would be being part of a classic WoW raiding group, which in the early days required a lot of effort, communication and teamwork to achieve progress, so I am no stranger to working together, following orders and handling disappointment but also working with leaders to help improve us as an outfit.

Do you have a mic? yes/no
Yes I do, though due to real life I'll be listening more than I'll be talking.

What you hope to bring to BRTD
A good couple of years of gaming experience, communication skills and an ever positive but realistic attitude towards not only battle situations, but other people as well.

What made you choose this outfit over any other organized outfit?
Mostly the positive feedback I was seeing on the forums about how good this outfit was made me decide to hop in and have a look. The website makes you seem like a well organised and sensible outfit that I'd love to be part of.

What is your preferred play style: Infantry/Armour/Aircraft
For the most part I prefer playing infantry, mostly because that's what I'm decent at doing and being able to make a contribution to the war effort as. Currently I'm mostly playing Heavy Assault, doing my best to take down enemy armor and air support. My main strength seems to lie in just killing infantry however. Beyond that I might also be interested in investing in a sunderer or taking up some other form of support role. Aircraft wise, I find them terribly interesting, but truth be told, I'm a sh*tty pilot. On the other hand, I love taking aircrafts down whenever I can though.

Anything else you'd like to add?
I guess I could tell a little bit about myself and what I do. I'm a Dutch student at the Hanze University in Groningen. I'm in my final year of my bachelor Social Studies after which I'll be a social worker. Unfortunately my final year also has the nasty side effect that I've got a lot less time for playing games (and PS 2 in particular these days) than I would like, though I'm very certain I'll be able to meet the 2 hours minimum per week that's been listed as a requirement. On the fridays you can usually find me at the shooting range where I practice target shooting as a hobby.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask them below or on mumble!

Boostoff

You, Me, Closet, 7Min, Heaven, Now..
Oct 7, 2014
Washington, USA
www.BRTD.net
Hi Nom4d,

Consider yourself on a 2 week trial basis which is SOP for all new recruits. Go ahead and download Mumble, and use the "Mumble Login" link at the top of the webpage, or alternatively use the server details listed here: www.brtd.net/mumble

Go ahead andt use Mumble ASAP so we can set your permissions properly. If you have any trouble please consult the FAQ section: www.brtd.net/faq-guides or ask an officer who will be happy to assist you (you will need an officer to authenticate you on the mumble server when you first log in).

You may also find useful outfit related information in the combined information thread: Combined info thread

Ho ahead and introduce yourself to the rest of the outfit by making a post here: Introduce Yourself!!

Check out our Training & Tactical Guides/Suggestions forum to get the low-down on how BRTD operates in-game: http://www.brtd.net/forum/training-tactics-guides-suggestions

Our outfit plays on the Eurydome server; our squads are often open and listed (though ask on mumble for an invite if they are not). The outfit feature in game is currently bugged so until it is fixed we will not be using it and will be relying purely on mumble and ingame squads.

BRTD is currently developing our combined arms approach so there is the potential to branch out into more air or ground vehicle related roles should you want to, but as it stands infantry still form the majority of the skill base in our outfit.

We request that all the outfit members like us on facebook and/or twitter as this really helps with the community aspect. Links to both of these pages can be found on the left hand side of the main website (www.brtd.net).

Make sure when talking on voice comms, use your in-game name instead of "i". (e.g. : "Boostoff needs repairs." or "Can Boostoff get a squad invite.")

Welcome!