[APPLICATION] Nopss

Nopss

Nov 11, 2012
Name: Mike

In-Game name: Nopss

Previous Planetside experience: Absolutely zero. I've played many other genres throughout my gaming years, but have never touched upon mass scale FPS much. While I have played most of the Battlefield's, I mostly approached these games from a lone wolf standpoint. While this was good fun and moderately succesful, it never really grabbed me. PS2 is the first game that has piqued my interest in experiencing proper organised FPS play.

Outfit history (if applicable): Also none. I have been in the PS2 beta for about two weeks now and have mainly been roaming alone or in PUG's. This has allowed me to become somewhat acquainted with the game and it's general feel. Mind you, every day I play, I stil come across some stuff I had no idea could be done / existed, so I'm still very much in the learning cycle of my time with this game.

Other (online) games you have played / achievements: Oh boy, quite too many to list. I'll stick to the games that required the same basic principles as playing in a PS2 outfit.

Call of Duty 1 - I played CoD1 for about three years in total, of which two years in a semi-pro small squad. We competed on the EU ladders of ClanBase and managed to hold a top 20 ranking throughout about 14 months. This required quick and effective voice communication and strong teamwork with roles, strategies and movements practised in advance.

World of Warcraft - This infamous game I played for roughly two years, in which I played in several casual guilds but also competed for server firsts and general world ranking in a highly competitive raiding guild. This of course took mastery of the class and dedication to the group to the extreme. At some point I had to step it down a notch, because my schoolwork started to suffer. Thankfully I realised in time to correct this, many of my friends didn't.

Rift - Somewhat similar to my WoW experience. Played some 9 months in total, of which 3 of the last months in a competitive raiding guild.

Heroes of Newerth / Dota 2: I've never really been all that great with these type of games, but I enjoy a game with my friends from time to time. It has taught me to have a lot more general map/area awareness, something I severely lacked before my time with MOBA's.

Do you have a mic? yes/no: Yes, I do. I've been communicating through voice comms since I was 12 or 13, so I'm quite accustomed to using them. It's probably fair to say, that gaming with voice comms has contributed way more to my English speech than actual English classes in school.

What you hope to bring to BRTD: I hope to become a new soldier to a, from what I can see, thriving Terran outfit, and become a valuable asset to an NC and Vanu raping squad within. I wish to learn a lot from you guys, so that I can be elevated to your level of play in organised FPS play, something which I'm a proper noob at this moment. I'm currently still studying, and don't have an infinite, although still respectable amount of hours I can dedicate to this game. On average, it'd probably be anywhere between 10 to 25 hours a week, depending on my workload at that time.

What made you choose this outfit over any other organized outfit: I looked around for a number of outfits, including the big ones over at the other factions, namely WASP, The 666th, Sentinals and within the TR Enclave. Some things I always hold in high regard is a clan/guild's website, appearance, effort in promotion and sincerity; all factors you guys scored top points in for me. I considered applying to WASP, since most of my playtime has been over at the NC, but something attracted me more to your outfit. It probably had to do with your excellent website and recruitment video.

What do you want from BRTD: I'd love for you guys to give me a chance to learn the ropes of being part of a unit and to flourish as an asset to the team and community. I'm looking for something in between casual and serious/competitive, with a slight edge towards competitiveness. I'm very competitive in nature, and when I play my games, I play to stomp the opponent. When the outfit is not in the middle of an operation however, I can definitely enjoy a fair bit of mucking about.

What is your prefered play style: Infantry/Armour/Aircraft: This is quite hard to say, because my prefered style will probably be different in an outfit. As a lone wolf, I've mostly been operating behind enemy lines as an Infiltrator, trying to disrupt enemy reinforcements and distract groups of players from contributing to their team's goal. While the recon/spec ops role has always been one of my favorites, it's one of the only things that really work as a lone wolf in PS2, so I've yet to try the many others in a team setting. In general, you can count on my picking up any role needed for my team, but if you'd force me to pick something right now, it'd be infantry as an infiltrator.

Anything else you'd like to add: Eager to hear from you guys soon. You look like excellent fun.

Reactions: 1 person

Boostoff

You, Me, Closet, 7Min, Heaven, Now..
Oct 7, 2014
Washington, USA
www.BRTD.net
Hi Nopss,

Consider yourself on a 2 week trial basis which is SOP for all new recruits. Go ahead and download Mumble, and use the "Mumble Login" link at the top of the webpage, or alternatively use the server details listed here: www.brtd.net/mumble

Go ahead andt use Mumble ASAP so we can set your permissions properly. If you have any trouble please consult the FAQ section: www.brtd.net/faq-guides or ask an officer who will be happy to assist you (you will need an officer to authenticate you on the mumble server when you first log in).

You may also find useful outfit related information in the combined information thread: Combined info thread

Ho ahead and introduce yourself to the rest of the outfit by making a post here: Introduce Yourself!!

Check out our Training & Tactical Guides/Suggestions forum to get the low-down on how BRTD operates in-game: http://www.brtd.net/forum/training-tactics-guides-suggestions

Our outfit plays on the Eurydome server; our squads are often open and listed (though ask on mumble for an invite if they are not). The outfit feature in game is currently bugged so until it is fixed we will not be using it and will be relying purely on mumble and ingame squads.

BRTD is currently developing our combined arms approach so there is the potential to branch out into more air or ground vehicle related roles should you want to, but as it stands infantry still form the majority of the skill base in our outfit.

We request that all the outfit members like us on facebook and/or twitter as this really helps with the community aspect. Links to both of these pages can be found on the left hand side of the main website (www.brtd.net).

Make sure when talking on voice comms, use your in-game name instead of "i". (e.g. : "Boostoff needs repairs." or "Can Boostoff get a squad invite.")

Welcome!