[APPLICATION] Qumulus

Q

Qumulus

Name: Daniel

In-Game name: Qumulus

Previous Planetside experience: Played Planetside 1 from releaseday and was on for about 1 year
- Outfit history (if applicable): Bin a while since I played PS1 but I was in a medium size Outfit (dont remeber the name)

Other (online) games you have played / achievements:I was lured over to EVE-Online by a friend from PS1 and stayed in EVE 6-7 years
latly I have bin playing BF:BC2

Do you have a mic? yes/no: yes, but usually Im kind of semi silence and listen to the orders as I dont want to wake the family up with me speaking. If I got intel I speak ofc.

What you hope to bring to BRTD: Good teamwork as I love to play with organised teams/corps/outfits
I always like a good joke when there is time for it. I guess I have some learning to do in the beginning but Im a fast learner

What is your proffered play style: Infantry/Armour/Aircraft. Infantry usually, but im always up for some gunnery eighter on tank or in the air (rather good at it also) :)

Anything else you'd like to add: My favorit stunt in PS1 was to do flybys over outposttowers in my stealth gear. drop on tower sneak in and hack it, then run down to basement, suit up in max and defend it while our ppl took it over.

I already got mumbler installed and got invited on it by Juggernaut, alreay posted in the hello and welcome page also lol so I kind of missed the whole application step, but here it is :blush:

Thx in advance

Placid

Sep 21, 2014
Hi Daniel,

We'd be happy to add you to the outfit on a trial basis. Please download mumble (our version of Teamspeak) and use the "Mumble Login" link at the top of the website or alternatively use the server details listed here: www.brtd.net/community/2-Public-Forum/14...-server?limitstart=0

We will expect you to start using mumble within the next week or so; if you have any trouble please consult the FAQ section: www.brtd.net/faq-guides or ask an officer who will be happy to assist you (you will need an officer to authenticate you on the mumble server when you first log in).

You may also find useful outfit related information in the combined information thread: http://www.brtd.net/community/2-Public-Forum/1355-combined-information-thread

Please also introduce yourself to the rest of the outfit by making a post here: www.brtd.net/community/2-Public-Forum/7-hello-and-welcome

The outfit training officers have a thread set up, so if you require training in any particular gameplay aspect drop them a message at http://www.brtd.net/community/Tactics-Guides--Suggestions/1476-new-members-training

The outfit plays on the EU1 server; our squads are always open and listed. The outfit feature in game is currently bugged so until it is fixed we will not be using it and will be relying purely on mumble and ingame squads.

We are currently developing our combined arms approach so skill in vehicles/air/infantry will all be invaluable in the months to come.

We all look forward to seeing you in game!

Audiofly

BRTD Member
Aug 31, 2014
welcome qumulus
some words of advice for BRTD,
-- have fun.
--if your going AFK then say so , so we can work around your temporary absense.
--if you need to know something then please ask, the worst/silly/stupid question would be the one that never gets asked.
--when (not if) in times of pressure, you hear the squad leaders getting angsty over platoon performance, dont take it personnaly, just make sure you are doing your best to help the squad in the role you are acting in.
-- and have fun :)

some words of advice from BRTD;

--we do tend to run some plays that would be considered pioneering/frontline/behind enemy lines. when applicable. these bring great smile points when they work and large self glow factor. be prepared for some intense battles/base holding.
--have fun :)
-- listen to the squad leaders.

Q

Qumulus

[quote="Audiofly" post=2337]welcome qumulus
some words of advice for BRTD,

--if you need to know something then please ask, the worst/silly/stupid question would be the one that never gets asked.
[/quote]

10 years ago I worked on a nuclear powerplant.
One day a coworker did not know if he should press the green button or the red button.
He should have called the control room but he did not dare to do that because the engineer was a old cranky man.
So he pressed the green button which was the wrong one ofc. So he accidently stopped a 850MW turbine and in a nuclear powerplant you dont just restart sutch a big component.
Well it cost the company a shitload of money in lost income just because the technician did not dare to ask a simple question, green or blue :D

Audiofly

BRTD Member
Aug 31, 2014
sometimes its good to talk, but no worries if you cant. family harmony first.
hopefully the chat system will work out for normal out of combat discussions/dribble (which i will take part in) ,and leave voice comms for vital intel.
most of the times it should just be SL talking and others either updating or adding intel.. it would be a bonus if you could talk but just letting you know it is not essential to talk all the time. some of us have families too :p

<< 38 yr/old and im planetside since july 25 '03 :) .. it doesnt make me better than these young 'uns tho :)

jo3

Veterans
Jul 31, 2014
He should have known its never the green button :lol: