[APPLICATION] Reclusiarch

Reclusiarch

Dec 15, 2012
www.youtube.com
Name: David Andersson

In-Game name: Reclusiarch

Previous Planetside experience: I have played as New Conglomerate since closed beta, although somewhat sporadically.

Outfit history (if applicable): I was very briefly in a New Conglomerate Outfit called "The Avalanche Guild", but left since I felt that The Terran Republic's lore resonated with me better.

Other (online) games you have played / achievements: I started playing Battlefield 1942 when it first came out and have been playing all the Battlefield games that has come out on the PC ever since. Like many others I have played World of Warcraft for several years (not any more though). Other MMOs I've been playing is Star Wars: Galaxies, Star Wars: The Old Republic and Warhammer: Age of Reckoning.

Do you have a mic? yes/no: Yes.

What you hope to bring to BRTD:
Good team player: For me the fun in games like Planetside 2 come from playing as a team and helping each other out. I often put the needs of others before my own and have no problem staying back and supporting others if it helps them excel. I can be find driving Sunderers or Liberators and performing actions such as repairing and handing out ammo.

Patient: I have no trouble defending a seemingly deserted area, sometimes for long periods of time. I have long since suppressed my urge to rush around maps to get into the thick of the action. In previous games, such as Battlefield and World of Warcraft I could often be found defending the rear-most flag, or other not so glamorous jobs. That said, I like doing it, so it's not some sort of self-sacrifice.

Understand the chain of command: I have no problem taking orders, in fact, I've always enjoyed a good chain of command. Even if I do not agree with the course of action, I understand that there might be other plans in motion that I do not know of, and because of this the Squad Leader have to do something truly terrible for me to disagree with him, and then only in /tell. I will not undermine his command - it's not a democracy in the military! That said, Planetside 2 is not a military simulator per se, so I have no problem discussing tactics if that is his/her wish. We should play to win, of course, but also play to have fun! I have had some good times commanding a squad, but I totally fell apart when commanding a whole platoon (too much to keep track of!). I've always been more comfortable filling a "second in command" role.

Capable FPSer: The long history I've had with FPS (from the early Castle Wolfenstein games) have made me an experienced FPSer, but as of now I've most comfortable with Battlefield 3 like FPS games. Battlefield 3 translates fairly well into Planetside 2, but I've still have some ways to go before I can reliably make those medium/long range shots (doesn't help I usually using some soft of carbine).

What made you choose this outfit over any other organized outfit: Better Red than Dead seem well organized with a clear chain of command, which I like. Discipline, while having fun, seem to be the way you work, and I agree with that!

What do you want from BRTD: A clear chain of command with lots of people playing together to achieve a common goal, and have fun in the process.

What is your preferred play style: Infantry/Armour/Aircraft:
I am very much a combined arms player and I am capable pilot in any of the vehicles in the game. Capable, but not a master. When it comes to vehicles I tend to favour the Sunderer (which comes natural to me, since I like being in a support role) or piloting a multi-seat aircraft. I also have good experiences with Reavers from my time with the NC, so I hope that that will translate well when piloting the Mosquito. I do not often jump into tanks, but I can when it's needed. In any other case, you can find me as a Engineer or in a MAX suit.

A video of me showing a friend how to fly, so you can see how I handle a fighter: Teaching Annah to fly
Yes, filthy NC rebels, but now I know better! ;)

Anything else you'd like to add?
I've listed my "Pro"'s, but I think it's important to list my "Con"'s as well, so here goes:

CONS
Somewhat unadaptable: I play the Engineer class and that's where I will invested most of my cert points, at least when it comes to infantry. For the vast majority I'm stuck playing engineer and is hesitant to change class, even if it would serve the situation better if I did. I can handle a MAX fairly well, but that's about it when it comes to flexibility.

Horrible sniper: Don't ask me to snipe, because I will probably fail miserably. I know the basics; lead the shots, get a hang of the bullet drop, but I still fail to snipe people (At this point, after all these years playing shooters, I think I might actually be cursed). If I don't fire fully automatic, the chance of me hitting anything on long range is slim.

About my character Reclusiarch
I'll be honest; I've just started playing Terran Republic so at the point of writing my character is at Battle Rank 1! I will probably go the same route I did with my NC character though; focus on upgrading my Engineer/Sunderer and MAX suit, with Liberator coming after that.

Short Bio about David
My name is David and I'm 32 years old and I live in the south of Sweden. I work with Logistics, but other than that I can't tell you since what I'm handling is secret (it's not as cool as it sounds. ;)). I have several hobbies, too many really, but I do my best to keep them all alive and well. I paint miniatures, I play table top war games (Warhammer 40,000), I play role-playing games, read books, do some video editing as well as playing computer games. I am a self-proclaimed BioWare fan, but play more than just Action-RPGs/RPGs, such as RTS, Action/Adventure, Space Sims and FPS.

I might also mention that I like doing some video editing and "Let's Plays" (Live commentating over gameplay)on YouTube.

My two channels are
Reclusiarch - For my video editing stuff and
ReclusiarchLP for my "Let's Plays".

As a final note, if you got eight minutes over, here's a small video I made with the theme "The many aspects of Planetside 2 BETA." - Planetside 2 BETA movie by Reclusiarch
Again, as my time as a NC soldier.

And that's that! If you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll complement the application.

Sincerely,

David/Reclusiarch

J

Jamriko

Greetings Reclus,

Welcome to BRTD! You have been placed on a 2 week trial basis which is a standard procedure for all new recruits. It is required that you download Mumble (our preference over Teamspeak) and use the "Mumble Login" link at the top of the webskly or alternatively use the server details listed here: www.brtd.net/mumble

Please start using Mumble within the next week so that our Officers can set your permissions properly. If you have any trouble please consult the FAQ section: www.brtd.net/faq-guides or ask an officer who will be happy to assist you (you will need an officer to authenticate you on the mumble server when you first log in).

You may also find useful outfit related information in the combined information thread: http://www.brtd.net/forum-s/2-Public-Forum/1355-combined-information-thread

If you will, please introduce yourself to the rest of the outfit by making a post here: http://www.brtd.net/forum-s/2-Public-Forum/7-hello-and-welcome

Check out our Training & Tactical Guides/Suggestions forum to get the low-down on how BRTD operates in-game: http://www.brtd.net/forum/training-tactics-guides-suggestions

Our outfit plays on the EU Miller server; our squads are often open and listed (though ask on mumble for an invite if they are not). When you are set up on Mumble, please ask an officer for an outfit invite so you can join our squads in-game.

BRTD are currently developing our combined arms approach so there is the potential to branch out into more air or ground vehicle related roles should you want to, but as it stands infantry still form the majority of the skill base in our outfit.

We request that all the outfit members like us on facebook and/or twitter as this really helps with the community aspect. Links to both of these pages can be found on the left hand side of the main website (www.brtd.net).

We are glad you have chosen to us, and look forward to gaming with you.

Kind Regards,
Jamriko

P.S. I feel quite guilty that I've replied with a copy and pasted message when you've gone to the respectable effort of writing all of that!