[APPLICATION] Sardaukar

Sardaukar

Nov 11, 2012
Name:
Tuomas

In-Game name:
Sardaukar.
At the release anyway, already reserved.

Previous Planetside experience:

Very little in PS1. Since end of August in PS2 beta.

Outfit history:
None. If you accept me, you'll be taking my outfit-virginity. (that's a thing, right?)/i]

Other (online) games you have played / achievements:
Quite a few games, very few that could hold me longer than few months. Most prominent life waster has been WoW so far... By far. Not in a few years, though, and my times in good raiding guild were even further in the past. Other MMO:s have not really been able to hold me in their dreadful grip for very long. Also, I'm notoriously archetype of underachiever - and the great tragedy is that I'm pretty honest about it. :p

I'm guessing FPS-games count more and I have never really been FPS kind of guy. Back in the days, sure; CS, Team Fortress and such, then Alien vs Predator and recently, before Planetside 2, Gotham City Impostors.

Do you have a mic? yes/no:
Yes.

What you hope to bring to BRTD:

Honestly? Just another pair of boots in the ground. I'd like to think that I'm pretty decent player, funny, social, smart and so forth, but then again; everyone thinks that about themselves.

I intend to be the best I can be.

What made you choose this outfit over any other organized outfit:
Because of size, quite clear organization, publicity and the fact that you are TR. With BRTD I have some idea of what I'm getting myself into. For the lack of the better term, you guys really seem to have your gameplan sorted and your shit together. Also, I rolled with some of you guys on Esamir, leeching of your great success, and it was refreshing compared to usual chaos of PS2.

What do you want from BRTD:
I'm hedonistic bastard, so really at it's core I really want to be part of outfit that will make my game experience more enjoyable. Be part of the bigger war machine; that's what Planetside 2 is all about in my eyes. And I really rather feel like I'm a cog in the machine rather than Solomaster 2000. There are better games out there for all the solomaster 2k's.

What is your prefered play style: Infantry/Armour/Aircraft:
Infantry, but I try to remain flexible. My preference has been mostly HA, infiltrator(not sniper, I rather use the knife) and medic, but I often find myself switching classes very rapidly depending of what I can get the most use of in the situation. Only MAX I ever use is equipped with two bursters. I'm known to drive a Prowler if I have a gunner and I often commit air-to-air suicide by trying to fly Mosquito. Still, infantry is where my heart is at.

Anything else you'd like to add:
I will never ingest sushi voluntarily. I smoke too much and also talk too much. I'm quite sure this was not relevant information. Oh, would be really nice if you would give me a trial. Would be really mint. So nectar.
I also write too much.

Reactions: 1 person

Boostoff

You, Me, Closet, 7Min, Heaven, Now..
Oct 7, 2014
Washington, USA
www.BRTD.net
Hi Sardaukar,

Wow, that was an application.....

Consider yourself on a 2 week trial basis which is SOP for all new recruits. Go ahead and download Mumble, and use the "Mumble Login" link at the top of the webpage, or alternatively use the server details listed here: www.brtd.net/mumble

Go ahead andt use Mumble ASAP so we can set your permissions properly. If you have any trouble please consult the FAQ section: www.brtd.net/faq-guides or ask an officer who will be happy to assist you (you will need an officer to authenticate you on the mumble server when you first log in).

You may also find useful outfit related information in the combined information thread: Combined info thread

Ho ahead and introduce yourself to the rest of the outfit by making a post here: Introduce Yourself!!

Check out our Training & Tactical Guides/Suggestions forum to get the low-down on how BRTD operates in-game: http://www.brtd.net/forum/training-tactics-guides-suggestions

Our outfit plays on the Eurydome server; our squads are often open and listed (though ask on mumble for an invite if they are not). The outfit feature in game is currently bugged so until it is fixed we will not be using it and will be relying purely on mumble and ingame squads.

BRTD is currently developing our combined arms approach so there is the potential to branch out into more air or ground vehicle related roles should you want to, but as it stands infantry still form the majority of the skill base in our outfit.

We request that all the outfit members like us on facebook and/or twitter as this really helps with the community aspect. Links to both of these pages can be found on the left hand side of the main website (www.brtd.net).

Make sure when talking on voice comms, use your in-game name instead of "i". (e.g. : "Boostoff needs repairs." or "Can Boostoff get a squad invite.")

Welcome!