[APPLICATION] Soulafein

Soulafein

BRTD Member
Sep 28, 2014
Taipei
Name: Oriol

In-Game name: Soulafein

Previous Planetside experience: Was a casual Planetside 1 player on both the Terran Republic and the Vanu Sovereighnity. I basically played as a gunner/engineer in Prowlers and Magriders.

- Outfit history (if applicable):

- I was in a spanish outfit called "Novios de la muerte". It was a very small outfit and we used to be a maximum of 10 players online in a good day. We just used to do some basic support tasks in the frontline.

- I was also part of a Japanese (yes you are reading it right :D) Magrider company in Emerald but I stopped playing for a couple of weeks after that due to real life issues.

Other (online) games you have played / acheivements:

*My online gaming experience will be in chronological order.

- The first game I ever played online were the likes of X-wing vs Tie-Fighter since it came out in 1997 . I loved the game very much and I was part of a massive imperial clan with around 300 active members called "Tie Fighter Alliance". Soon after that I started to play Age of Empires II as well which is a game I always loved but I was kind of disorganised about it and basically went on my own.

- After I was done with those games by around 2004 or 5 (I can't remember exactly) I started to play Planetside 1. I have never played such a unique game and since I was just a poor college student with no income I could not afford to play continuously so I could only play in a pretty casual way.

- My first ever MMORPG was Star Wars Galaxies, it was a wonderful unique sandbox MMO until our "beloved" (yes...I am being ironic) SOE did us all a favour by ruining it overnight. I played that one about five years in a pretty hardcore way and to be honest, I still miss the good old Star Wars Galaxies to this day

- Not that it's rellevant but I have played World of Warcraft for a few months just because my real-life buddies played. Needless to say I hated the game almost since day one but I still tried to see what was the fun of it so I stayed in the game for a few months.

- After that I basically focused myself on multiplayer FPS games (Battlefield and Call of Duty series, Day of Defeat) in which I did not join a clan or guild and always played on my own. However, I decided that my next MMORPG would be "Star Wars the Old Republic", although such a decision did not turn out right since the game did not fulfill any of my expectations. So, right now I am just playing some F2P games that I come across like World of Tanks in a very casual way since I am on my last semester in university (yeah...6 years after my PS1 experience I am still a poor university student but....a poor student that ALMOST has a degree now!).

Do you have a mic? yes/no: Yes.

What you hope to bring to BRTD: Well, I heard from you via the Planetside Universe forums. I have been looking for a Planetside 2 European TR outfit with dedicated players. Since I have gaming for quite some time and I miss the old Planetside 1 good ole days that I would like to repeat such an experience once more. I do love teamworking outfits since I do not consider myself a selfish player. Apart from that, since most of our european members are aware of, the EU is a small continent with a big variety of cultures and languages. Thanks to my personal and academic background I do happen to speak some of the main tongues in the continent which include Spanish, Catalan (my mother tongue), English, French and German and for those of you who like the more exotic stuff I do happen to speak Mandarin Chinese as well (I am studying Far-east Asian Studies -Chinese specialization- in the University of Barcelona) and thus I could assist with any kind of translation or intel in a tongue that our members might not understand or know.

Anything else you'd like to add: I think all of the above summarises pretty much everything I wanted to say. However, if you have any further questions or doubts please feel free to post a reply on this thread and I will get back to you ASAP.

DeltaWidow

Community Leader
Aug 25, 2014
West Midlands, England
Very, very impressivewith the multilingualism. Also Welcome back to Planetside, I can see no reason why you shouldn't be accepted.

Welcome to themad house :)
DW