Application: Spatulor

S

Spatulor

Name: Jordan

In-Game name: Spatulor

Previous Planetside experience: Moderate. I played a fair amount the first couple years after launch, then came back for a month or three every couple years. Also, I've been in the beta for the last month or so.

Outfit history (if applicable): About one, one and a half years ago I joined BRTD, through, I think, a random squad joining. Played for a few months, and after I left Planetside again, I'm fairly sure I was removed from the outfit for inactivity.

Other (online) games you have played / achievements: I played a mindboggling amount of world of warcraft, mostly as a high-end raider. I quit about a year and a half ago. I play a fair amount of Team Fortress 2 and World of Tanks, as well.

Do you have a mic? yes/no: Of course.

What you hope to bring to BRTD: I think I'm a fairly solid FPS player, and I work well as part of a team - I loved being a spotter for my roommate's Flail in Planetside, or gunning in people's Prowlers.

What made you choose this outfit over any other organized outfit? Previous experience. Despite the small population that was left in planetside 1 prior to PS2, The people I saw in BRTD back then were friendly and helpful.

What is your preferred play style: Almost certainly going to be Armor. Piloting a Prowler feels a lot like driving a tank in World of Tanks, though I actually wish I could just drive and let someone else handle the main gun - it'd be nice if my attention wasn't split.

Anything else you'd like to add: Not really. If I don't get in right away, well, I'll be bumping this thread a couple weeks after launch!

DeltaWidow

Community Leader
Aug 25, 2014
West Midlands, England
Well due to the circumstance of you being an ex-BRTD member we will happily accept you back in now :)

Will sort out when I get back home later on (or if another officer beats me to it)

DeltaWidow

Community Leader
Aug 25, 2014
West Midlands, England
Welcome back :)

You have been placed on a 2 week trial basis which is a standard procedure for all new recruits. It is required that you download Mumble (our preference over Teamspeak) and use the "Mumble Login" link at the top of the webskly or alternatively use the server details listed here: www.brtd.net/mumble

Please start using Mumble within the next week so that our Officers can set your permissions properly. If you have any trouble please consult the FAQ section: www.brtd.net/faq-guides or ask an officer who will be happy to assist you (you will need an officer to authenticate you on the mumble server when you first log in).

You may also find useful outfit related information in the combined information thread: www.brtd.net/forum-s/2-Public-Forum/1355...d-information-thread

If you will, please introduce yourself to the rest of the outfit by making a post here: www.brtd.net/forum-s/2-Public-Forum/7-hello-and-welcome

Check out our Training & Tactical Guides/Suggestions forum to get the low-down on how BRTD operates in-game: www.brtd.net/forum/training-tactics-guides-suggestions

Our outfit plays on the Eurydome server; our squads are often open and listed (though ask on mumble for an invite if they are not). The outfit feature in game is currently bugged so until it is fixed we will not be using it and will be relying purely on mumble and ingame squads.

BRTD are currently developing our combined arms approach so there is the potential to branch out into more air or ground vehicle related roles should you want to, but as it stands infantry still form the majority of the skill base in our outfit.

We request that all the outfit members like us on facebook and/or twitter as this really helps with the community aspect. Links to both of these pages can be found on the left hand side of the main website (www.brtd.net).

Cheers
DW