[APPLICATION] Sportler

S

Sportler

My name is Carl Findahl (Sportler ingame), I am a happy male individual, 18 years old and I am a native Norwegian with blue eyes and a regular height. This means my hand positioning relative to the table is optimal for most gaming situations.

Unfortunately, I have no former experience playing Planetside, but I do have tons of experience from a lot of other FPS games and I have played in clans before, so I like to think that I know the drill to a certain extent. My friend though, who is already member of this outfit can vouch for me to be a great guy. His name is Gravizt.

But back on point, I have experience with Counter strike, Modern warfare 1 & 2, Team Fortress, ARMA 2, OF: Dragon Rising, Battlefield 2 & 3, Half Life and a lot more great games!

My microphone works like a charm and my lingual abilities regarding the English language is above average, quite a lot frankly.

I want to bring skill, dedication and victory to this outfit. I want to snipe and infiltrate enemy territory deep behind enemy lines and give excellent sniper support so our ground forces can move more safely across the ground or fly grand aircraft or more humble mosquitoes to grant air superiority (I haven't quite decided yet). I am able to learn extremely quickly and I also wish to obliterate the other factions and bring pure dominance to the Terran Republic, and hopefully make BRTD the most feared outfit there are!
Hooah, my hopefully new outfit buddies!

Best regards,
have a good day,

- Carl

Audiofly

BRTD Member
Aug 31, 2014
very nice CV you have there, CS im guessing/assuming is CSS as your young. cs 1.3 was the cookie, and that was years ago.

but non the less we are a very point outfit. what ever class you spawn youll need to be proficient( were all learning ps2 but many ps1 vets in outfit) . as you say you have no ps1 background, it wont be held against you. but be prepared for some of the more experienced team people (squad leaders/vets) directing you to your role. do not take it personal if somebody swears.

we are not hard asses as such but we play hard to control the map, i guess "zerg herders" would be the BRTD description, we do alot of fast response/ quick change of plan gaming to keep on top of the offending empires. be prepared to drop what ever you were doing for a totally different target

any questions then please ask. at any time. we are all still learning PS2, and we were all first timers at some point.
listen to SL's and have fun :)

but i am not a recruiter so ill stand back and just let you know yourt application has been seen :)

Placid

Sep 21, 2014
Hello Sportler! :)

We'd be happy to add you to the outfit on a trial basis. Your extensive FPS knowledge will probably mean you'll fit right in to organised planetside 2 play.

First off please download mumble at your earliest convenience (our version of Teamspeak) and use the "Mumble Login" link at the top of the website or alternatively use the server details listed here: http://www.brtd.net/community/2-Public-Forum/1413-new-mumble-voice-server#1907

We will expect you to start using mumble within the next week, if you have any trouble please consult the FAQ section: www.brtd.net/faq-guides or ask an officer who will be happy to assist you (you will need an officer to authenticate you on the mumble server when you first log in).

You may also find useful outfit related information in the combined information thread: http://www.brtd.net/community/2-Public-Forum/1355-combined-information-thread

Please also introduce yourself to the rest of the outfit by making a post here: www.brtd.net/community/2-Public-Forum/7-hello-and-welcome

The outfit training officers have a thread set up, so if you require training in any particular gameplay aspect drop them a message at http://www.brtd.net/community/Tactics-Guides--Suggestions/1476-new-members-training

The outfit plays on the EU1 server; our squads are often open and listed (though ask on mumble for an invite if they are not). The outfit feature in game is currently bugged so until it is fixed we will not be using it and will be relying purely on mumble and ingame squads.

We are currently developing our combined arms approach so there is the potential to branch out into more air or ground vehicle related roles should you want to, but as it stands infantry still form the majority of the skill base in our outfit.

We all look forward to seeing you in game!

S

Sportler

That is great news! I will post that about myself tomorrow, and I expect to say hello on Mumble as well :))