[Application] Thoralf

Thoralf

Sep 25, 2012
Name: Thorsten
In-Game Name: Thoralf

Previous Planetside Experience:
Only PS2 Beta (about a month)

Other (online) games you have played / achievements:
I have played a ton of games, and not exclusively action games. I quite enjoy the Paradox kind of grand strategy games (Hearts of Iron, Victoria, etc.), as well as the Men of War series. I don't consider myself to be a stat-whore who only cares about K/D ratio, so I don't mind rushing out like Arnold on Steroids to get a spawn beacon placed, whilst taking all the fire if it helps my side win. I do greatly enjoy good teamplay and coordination, and of course I try to win :) When I play, I tend to do so for a long period of time, but my activity will have its ups and downs (about 5-10 hours a week on average).

Here are some Multiplayer games in which I am/was very active:
World of Tanks,
As one of the Founders of the 116th Panzer Division (www.116thpanzer.com) where we went through to the European semi-finals (I was the training officer at the time). At it's high point we used to have up to 100 members gathered on TS. I went on to even take over the EU side of things for a while, leading and winning battles against some of the biggest clans out there (1PAD, 1SBP). The clan's best days are numbered and most of the old leadership have left the clan. Nowadays, I am mostly a casual gamer, but I am still able to maintain my 58% win ratio, which I am quite proud of (ok, I guess I am a little bit of a win-rate whore :p)
http://worldoftanks.eu/community/accounts/500303680-Thoralf/

Red Orchestra 2
Played it very actively during the Beta, but haven't enjoyed it as much since. I enjoyed the lethality of the gameplay, as it really made you think twice before rushing across the open field.

Battlefield 3
Never been in an outfit for any of the core Battlefield games (I have been for mods) and I didn't play BF3 for very long. Less than impressive stats: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/en/soldier/Thoralf87/stats/367985211/

Do you have a mic? Yes, I don't think proper teamplay is possible without it.

What you hope to bring to BRTD: Two boots on the ground or two wings in the air and the lethal combination of banter and black humour (from a German no less).

What is your proffered play style: Infantry/Armour/Aircraft
I like flying games, and I do certainly get my kills on the Mosquito, but at the moment I prefer to just play whatever feels the most important at the time. I just unlocked the Skyguard Lightning as I feel that there is a requirement for more AA on the TR side to keep the Vanu from spilling over across the ridge and into our territory.

Anything else you'd like to add:
Having infiltrated your Mumble channel and played with you all of Sunday, I can honestly say I thoroughly enjoyed the teamplay and coordination going on in this outfit (even though it may not have quite been up to MooMasher's standards yet :) )

I know there is a stop on recruitment at the moment, so consider this an application in waiting.

DeltaWidow

Community Leader
Aug 25, 2014
West Midlands, England
Hi Thorsten,

Good thing is recruitment opened up again earlier today :)
Just to let you know as you seem the tanker type - 4 Divisions will be in place for BRTD - one of these Divisions will be Armoured - just worth mentioning

Should be no problem with playing time as we aren't strict about it. People have priorities which is understandable - weekends alone are fine as other people do the same.

You have been Accepted into BRTD on Trial Basis which will last 2 weeks - If you click on FAQ on the home page you can see some links, click on the link which is 'Quick Connect'. We Expect you to get on voice server within a week. if you have any trouble please read the FAQ guide or post on our forums for help.
Don't forget to post a quick hello if you haven't in the hello and welcome thread in public forum

Check with Training and Guides to check in with the scheduled training times of the outfit - would greatly appreciate it if you participated in them to get a feel and understanding of how the outfit works.

Server is: Thyone
Join a squad as outfit tab does not work

Cya in game
-DW