APPLICATION [Verenz]

V

Verenz

Name: Daniel

In-Game name: Verenz

Previous Planetside experience: Just the beta, since early September.

Outfit history (if applicable): A few hours with a military realism outfit before realising that this stuff is bananas :blink: :silly: .

Other (online) games you have played / achievements: My most played game was Guild wars where me and my guild got to rank 2 in the world for a few weeks before being korean'd out. Played mostly RTS games growing up and switched to including FPS games since battlefield bad company 2 and battlefield 3. Planetside 2 is now the only FPS I play, it is so much more to my liking than Battlefield.

Do you have a mic? yes/no: Of course (and mumble/TS/skype/possibly ventrillo).

What you hope to bring to BRTD: Me, my shotgun and the tears of the vanu?. Seriously though I am a team player who is more than willing to switch to whatever is needed (except for aircraft which I can't fly, and infiltrators which I refuse to play) at the time, I have experience from guild wars of knowing to only speak if you need to on comms (unless nothing is happening of course then you must mock and be mocked) and I won't be endlessly spamming chatter or raging.

What made you choose this outfit over any other organized outfit: Well I have a few friends for whenever I just want to play around but I also really want to be able to play as part of a large outfit (seeing as how my friends are not quite so avid players as I at PS2), my initial instinct was military realism because I thought they would be really coordinated/organised...which they were but it was a bit too serious for me, I am here to have fun primarily. After leaving them I lokked for another EU-TR outfit and yours caught my eye more than the others...so if you want to know why I picked you over the others....well fuck you, do your own market research into what was the most appealing thing.

What do you want from BRTD: A friendly semi serious (by which I mean "not silly") outfit which has reasonable expectations of activity from its members, I can probably donate 10-12 hours per week to outfit play in the evenings.

What is your prefered play style: Infantry/Armour/Aircraft: Infantry by FAR, I play light assault with shotgun/C4, heavy with the minigun or medic with the T1 cycler. Obviously I use the carbines and LMGS's from time to time but those 3 setups can generally fill every range/role except for tank driver, I can play MAX as well but it feels kind of bad atm. I can play armour but usually I only do if it is because we need a sunderer or AA lightning etc.

Anything else you'd like to add: I am a graduate in mathematics so expect to see some gun analysis posts once I get my hands on some weapon stats when the game is released.

Reactions: 1 person
V

Verenz

Yes it was actually, they seemed so much more reasonable until I read through their rules after joining lol.

Boostoff

You, Me, Closet, 7Min, Heaven, Now..
Oct 7, 2014
Washington, USA
www.BRTD.net
Try joining the Military for real, 9 years and the bananas have yet to stop... :woohoo:

Anyways, welcome to BRTD!

Consider yourself on a 2 week trial basis which is SOP for all new recruits. Go ahead and download Mumble, and use the "Mumble Login" link at the top of the webpage, or alternatively use the server details listed here: www.brtd.net/mumble

Go ahead andt use Mumble ASAP so we can set your permissions properly. If you have any trouble please consult the FAQ section: www.brtd.net/faq-guides or ask an officer who will be happy to assist you (you will need an officer to authenticate you on the mumble server when you first log in).

Go ahead and introduce yourself to the rest of the outfit by making a post here: Introduce Yourself!!

You may also find useful outfit related information in the combined information thread: TRAINING!

Our outfit plays on the Eurydome server; our squads are often open and listed (though ask on mumble for an invite if they are not). The outfit feature in game is currently bugged so until it is fixed we will not be using it and will be relying purely on mumble and ingame squads.

BRTD is currently developing our combined arms approach so there is the potential to branch out into more air or ground vehicle related roles should you want to, but as it stands infantry still form the majority of the skill base in our outfit.

We request that all the outfit members like us on facebook and/or twitter as this really helps with the community aspect. Links to both of these pages can be found on the left hand side of the main website (www.brtd.net).

Make sure when talking on voice comms, use your in-game name instead of "i". (e.g. : "Boostoff needs repairs." or "Can Boostoff get a squad invite.")

Welcome!