[APPLICATION] Wolfman109

Wolfman109

Potato Simulator
Oct 2, 2012
Name: Jeppe

In-game name: Wolfman109

Previous PlanetSide experience: None.

Outfit history: None.

Other (online) games you having played / achievements: The major part of my online gaming carrier have been spent in WoW, were I played from late vanilla until a half year or so into cata were I also raided for vast the majority of that time. I were an officer in two of the guilds I raided with, were I helped out the main raid and guild leader with the job of leading the guild through the dungeons.
The rest of the time I’ve spent in a few other different games, Minecraft, Tribes: Ascend, D3 etc. None of which I put as much time into as wow.

Do you have a mic? Yes, I own a Razer Charcharias headset which has a decent mic in it.

What you to bring to BRTD: I bring a well-organized mind with a good sense of teamwork. A person that understands how important it is always to be able to trust the man that is standing next to you, but also the importance of bringing your friends back out from the battlefield, both psychically and mentally. I’ve seen lots of people getting bottled up with the rage and frustration, only for it to burst because people forgot that a game is always about having fun in the end and that most problems can be solved by simply talking about them with someone.
Beyond that I bring a mindset were you always have to try to do your best. Mistakes can happen, but then it’s always better to admit it and learn from it than to hide behind excuses.

What made you choose this outfit over any other organized outfit: I was looking for an outfit that was both hardcore and casual. An outfit that was able to get the job done in a professional way, but when the day was over also able to laugh about it. BRTD looks in my eyes to be that.

What do you want from BRTD: I hope to get into a good outfit that is always on the hunt for a good fight. It isn’t fun in the long run, to grab bases that are only defended by 2-3 enemies.
When that is said, I don’t mind respecting the chain of command as long as the chain of command also respects us. This only something I need to say, because I in the past have played in a clan were the leadership was just out the window, people being favored, not by their skills, but by how much they could suck up to the guy in charge. If I experience this in BRTD (which I hope I won’t) then I’m out, simple as that.

What is your preferred play style: Infantry/Armour/Aircraft:
I haven’t really settled yet, I do enjoy playing support roles as the medic and engineer, but also simple tasks as bringing a new sunder up to the frontline is quite fun for me… Why, I don’t know.
I do also enjoy playing HA, nothing like seeing a vanguard exploding caused by one of your rockets. It’s that feeling that makes you want to get up in the morning.
I haven’t touched much on vehicle combat yet, mainly since I’ve tried to get a good understanding of the infantry combat first, so I can’t really say if I enjoy it, but it’s still something I want to practice on in the future.

Anything else you’d like to add:
I guess it’s quite important to say that I’m really new to the game. Like really... really new. I only got into the beta 3 days ago, so I’m still learning the ropes but I’m enjoying every last part of it. Except rolling with pubs. It’s decent fun as a time killer, but I’m looking for some proper ops with an outfit that knows what it’s doing.
In the end I can only say that I’m willing to learn and that I hope I see you out on the battlefield soon.

Placid

Sep 21, 2014
Hi Jeppe,

We'd be happy to add you to the outfit on a 2 week trial basis. Please download mumble (our version of Teamspeak) and use the "Mumble Login" link at the top of the website or alternatively use the server details listed here: http://www.brtd.net/forum-s/2-Public-Forum/1413-new-mumble-voice-server?limitstart=0

We will expect you to start using mumble within the next week, if you have any trouble please consult the FAQ section: www.brtd.net/faq-guides or ask an officer who will be happy to assist you (you will need an officer to authenticate you on the mumble server when you first log in).

You may also find useful outfit related information in the combined information thread: http://www.brtd.net/forum-s/2-Public-Forum/1355-combined-information-thread#1652

Please also introduce yourself to the rest of the outfit by making a post here: http://www.brtd.net/forum-s/search?q=hello%20and%20welcome&titleonly=1&childforums=1

The outfit training officers have a thread set up, so if you require training in any particular gameplay aspect drop them a message at http://www.brtd.net/forum-s/training-tactics-guides-suggestions/1476-new-members-training#2303

The outfit plays on the Thyone server; our squads are often open and listed (though ask on mumble for an invite if they are not). The outfit feature in game is currently bugged so until it is fixed we will not be using it and will be relying purely on mumble and ingame squads.

We are currently developing our combined arms approach so there is the potential to branch out into more air or ground vehicle related roles should you want to, but as it stands infantry still form the majority of the skill base in our outfit.

We request that all the outfit members like us on facebook and/or twitter as this really helps with the community aspect. Links to both of these pages can be found on the left hand side of the main website (www.brtd.net).

We all look forward to seeing you in game!