[APPLICATION] Yaakumo

Yaakumo

Jan 12, 2013
Name: Riku

In-Game name: Yaakumo

Previous Planetside experience: Hardly any. I played on a friend's account some time but was still pretty hopeless in PS2 at the beginning. I decided not to join any outfit as long as I felt more like a burden than a help.

Outfit history (if applicable): None, you're also the very first I apply for. I have been in online gaming communities before though, working up my way from a recruit to the commander, thus I know both how it is to be a leader as well as his dog.

Other (online) games you have played / achievements: MMORPG mostly, also fast-paced action games.

Do you have a mic? yes/no: Yes, since I got my new PC and upgraded from XP to W7 however it does not work. You will have to bear with me not speaking until I get a new one or get it fixed.

What you hope to bring to BRTD: A valuable member helping to turn the tide of battle. If there's something I love, it is advising people in who I see potential and the will to improve. Also a leading officer putting effort into improving the outfit - but not yet - I am far from experienced enough to lead currently, I know my place.

What made you choose this outfit over any other organized outfit: It's the name I see around in groups the most. I don't know your members, but am kind of a "just give it a try" guy.

What do you want from BRTD: Maturity, honesty, fun. I never ever insulted anyone in an online game (trolling those who rage at me for farming them is way more fun). Keep it mature - if I get insulted repeatedly I will leave. With that said (and coming to the second keyword), constructive feedback is not only welcome but requested. We all strive to improve (except arrogants calling themselves the best), and the best way to improve is by failing and advices/feedback. Forgive me noobish mistakes and give me the chance to learn from them.

What is your prefered play style: Infantry/Armour/Aircraft: Aircraft

Anything else you'd like to add: I am a decent (currently solo) player in a mossie, BR 43 at the time of application submitting). My first priority is hunting esf and liberators before raining havoc on infantry (or assaulting tankzergs from behind if between bases and on the move - really a fun thing to do, they feel safe with all those tanks around them, well let's change that). I will also dedicate myself to hunt AA MAX down with the next game update (render improve). I'm using fully certed scout radar. It's extremely useful to clean the bases of every single remaining foe...You wouldn't believe me how ridiculously creative people are when it comes to finding hideouts xD
I got a Zepher gun for a liberator and am willing to pilot one (after certing into it,may take two weeks). But got zero experience with it. Youve been warned ;)
Anticipating a trial that satisfies both sides. Let's drink some smurf blood together when the entire planet is colored RED!

D

Dotz0r

Welcome to BRTD! You have been placed on a 2 week trial basis which is a standard procedure for all new recruits. It is required that you download Mumble (our preference over Teamspeak) and use the "Mumble Login" link at the top of the webskly or alternatively use the server details listed here: www.brtd.net/mumble

Please start using Mumble within the next week so that our Officers can set your permissions properly. If you have any trouble please consult the FAQ section: www.brtd.net/faq-guides or ask an officer who will be happy to assist you (you will need an officer to authenticate you on the mumble server when you first log in).

You may also find useful outfit related information in the combined information thread: www.brtd.net/forum-s/2-Public-Forum/1355...d-information-thread

If you will, please introduce yourself to the rest of the outfit by making a post here: www.brtd.net/forum-s/2-Public-Forum/7-hello-and-welcome

Check out our Training & Tactical Guides/Suggestions forum to get the low-down on how BRTD operates in-game: www.brtd.net/forum/training-tactics-guides-suggestions

Our outfit plays on the EU Miller server; our squads are often open and listed (though ask on mumble for an invite if they are not). When you are set up on Mumble, please ask an officer for an outfit invite so you can join our squads in-game.

BRTD are currently developing our combined arms approach so there is the potential to branch out into more air or ground vehicle related roles should you want to, but as it stands infantry still form the majority of the skill base in our outfit.

We request that all the outfit members like us on facebook and/or twitter as this really helps with the community aspect. Links to both of these pages can be found on the left hand side of the main website (www.brtd.net).

We are glad you have chosen to us, and look forward to gaming with you.

Please check your PM - i will send you our mumble PW.

Thanks,
Dotz0r