Training [Aug 30, 2014] Outfit training - Armor (Miller)

Juggernaut

Interwebs Mechanic
Staff member
Administrator
Recruit
Jul 20, 2006
Ireland, Galway
shanecunningham.me
redprowlerj.jpg

Wolfman109

Potato Simulator
Oct 2, 2012
I'm curious regarding those who attended the training, was it useful?
Did you learn anything?
Do you feel like your knowledge of the different tanks have increased?
Was there something you didn't enjoy about the training?

BakaneSan

Nov 5, 2013
Anime
1st Yes it was usefull
2nd 1 or 2 things i thought were not usefull, turns out may need another look
3rd Sure, i never drive one, so i never cared to know anything about them
4th yes, you were so awesome that i couldnt concentrate on training, and i just kept touching myself.

My respect gone up for you no matter what was wrong, you still showed up and did training, thanks Wolf
Have a kiss or two
8g7ZFY2.gif
d4hAS3u.gif

Last edited:

wonderlove

BRTD Member
Aug 25, 2013
Armor vs Armor notes:
- Size does matter (Prower, AP, secondary, "choose armor over infantry" sundy solution)
- Straight for the ass (game mechanics regarding calculating front/behind dmg and shot angles)
- Stamina (relocate often, how disperse inc dmg among group (rotate shooting) to be able to keep pressure up)
- The Art of Gangbang (Work in pairs, position of buddy)
- Balls to the wall play (emergency back up ass into wall to avoid enemy dmg bonus when outmanouvred)

Side note: Stealth prowler loadout theme

Anti-Air notes:
- Close & Cosy (draw them in, then fire)
- Game of Ass (relocate often to avoid synchronised gangbangs)

Personal note for AA:
I prefer combat chassis for skyguard due to when facing crawlers (good pilots that creep up on you when they have your position) then speed is not as important as being able to get around corners, gun up quick & smooth.
Then I can use the same small piece of cover for many different angles, ex the same rock is now a "movable" shield, but I am the one moving around it. So in a sense I'm baiting to draw them in, use my "shield" to avoid taking dmg and then I have a ca 1-2 clip kill (good pilots will disengage quick but still take a lot of initial dmg (so no 1 clip kill), but i finish most of these of at range when they believe they are safe and stop jinxing) (Prefiring - the pilot disenganges, swoop around obstacle at range to break los (typically large Hossin tree) and re-engage, then I start to fire before he appears on the other side. Even with the minimized dmg at range he will then take most of the load right in the face right as he appears, making it a killshot if smoking after initial engagement).

Overall:
I think it was good.
The demos was useful because I believe several players have never really noticed the details in the execution which really makes the difference. Ex: which faction is OP?

To make it stick we really need to do follow up with repeat training sessions with focus on armor (just as we try to get done with infantry), but that is a topic on it's own.

Last edited:

Rimak

Aug 15, 2014
Aarhus, Denmark
I'm curious regarding those who attended the training, was it useful?
Did you learn anything?
Do you feel like your knowledge of the different tanks have increased?
Was there something you didn't enjoy about the training?
For me, as a low BR this training was really, really useful, since it changed a perspective of how should I see armor in the game. This was refreshing and informative, especially the general advice of not sticking to one role and armor arcs. This might sound very basic, but it was not something I knew before.
I would really like to see more trainings into strategies like flanking, compositions, etc.

Thanks a lot for the input Wolfman

Wanderingigor

Hurter of feelings.
Veterans
Jan 20, 2013
Directly under the earth's sun.......now.
- The Art of Gangbang (Work in pairs, position of buddy)

This would have solved alot of the comms clutter we had.
If you are rolling around in a 2 person tank make sure you have your buddy so you can swap pulling a vehicle, this not only keeps you getting back into the fight but also switches up the driver and gunner position giving each a fair amount of game time learning both aspects of the tank making 2 people a better tanker.

Plus getting back into the fight quickly after you old tank gets blown up gives you an advantage over the opponent that just blew you up: You know where he is! and if you flank him from a different angle then YOU will be the one doing the killing!!!

And of course a big shout out to Wolfman who despite being sick went on with the training.