BRTD open public squad - A Joy to have done.

D

Dotz0r

Hi guys as most of you know from my miles of brick walls of texts on numerous topics and posts that i was going to test out ideas of recruiting. One of those was a more ingame focus. Having decided to do a care bear approach the results were fascinating. We had only started and within 10 minutes we had a core group of greenies. From novice to veterans. We managed to stick together attached at one point to the main outfit platoon and - i hope, help the best we could. Questions were asked, answered and from start to finish for a group of randoms who some had no idea what was going on 100% improved by the end.

To say this was a test night to see what comms would be like and the many problems such as Mumble > ingame voice etc i have my results which will hopefully make the next - if it happens Open night 10x more epic.!

One of the major things that i found was that trying to play and lead via chat is way harder then it looks - to lead and keep people together and on the right path can be a nightmare and i only did an hour 1/2 of SL with the help of deltawidow who took over at points as my £150 headset has a paper cup for a microphone. So much kudos to our BRTD Squad leaders!. +1

So - if you're a would be applicant browsing this public part of the forum but not sure if it caters to new players then check out a quick recording of last nights events.

Sorry for the speed up video, from 55 minutes to under ten minutes. Missing out alot of stuff. Why is it the most epic stuff happens when you forget / the video capture ends on it own?.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLq5s62suqM&feature=youtu.be

Many thanks go out to deltawidow who without me asking came and offered his services and stepping in when it became apparent that a paper cup is not a valid microphone. :) (I don't recommend razer tiamat microphone)

We had at least 5 who said they were thinking of dropping by, some said they had watched BRTD videos by senkaku and the likes. One even said "WoW BRTD are more prominent then i thought!" - a namesake in the works gentlemen and ladies.

As per usual - sorry for the grammar and structure. I literally pulled my hair out editing the video and trying to upload it to YT in 60 minutes 30 minutes to find out its too long. But here it is crammed and speed-ed up.

This is how i felt when i tried to pass it onto a greenie to take over when i went.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=HAqszxJSP6I&feature=endscreen

And this is what i hope to achieve eventually - probably when cont invasions become more prominent and we need to muster forces - kinda like a big PUBLIC but brtd sponsored op of some sort.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=wmZ2nO6In-c&NR=1

Frankies

Veterans
Oct 29, 2010
Dotzor you rocked!!

Greenie Power if you ask me!!

You did fab as did any one in buyout squad you were back up when we needed it most!!

Reactions: 1 person

DeltaWidow

Community Leader
Aug 25, 2014
West Midlands, England
Really enjoyed it and looking forward to doing it in future with BRTD open recruitment squads
Had a few problems but for its first time they were bound to arise

Was thinking to make this a weekly thing with you & me dotz - Set times and days (3-4 days a week max - more if interested) As well as having some sort of speach at the beggining of the squad when it reaches 7-8+ people telling them about why the squad is setup and what BRTD have to offer as well as the things that will be happening over the night (MAX crashes, Gal Drops, Armour Columns, Light Assault Blitzkrieg)

Cheers
-DW

D

Dotz0r

Another night, another success - 6 posted applicants so far!.

Thanks yet again to deltawidow and ofcourse jamriko! aswell as bigal for putting up with me stopping every 5 minutes to type /tells for orders!.

Really really happy with how it went and like we said we all thought that it wouldn't go that well - how wrong we were!. From bouncing North south, capturing aurora nine million times to epic base-winning max crashes to the instant recalls to WG to the epic LA assault we did on the AMP station - to being able to recall and be on outfit targets within minutes. Really impressed. More of these nights need to occur.

Placid

Sep 21, 2014
Well done mate, very well played on your part and everyone that helped out, just admitted 4 applicants from your pug to the outfit. Please let me know if you require any assistance in the future, always glad to help out!

J

Jamriko

It was brilliant last night, enjoyed myself thoroughly. I was actually rather scared when Delta had to take off. That ws my first time leading and probably reflected, but organising and interacting with those greenies was great!

Dotzor and myself also spoke about how it might be a good idea to run multiple squads, without getting ahead of ourselves of course.

J

JFlask

@Jamkiro. Leadership is in the process of splitting the infantry platoon into squad sections with each section lead by a SL and the platoon leader leading the SLs. So that last thing you said is a work in progress :)

DeltaWidow

Community Leader
Aug 25, 2014
West Midlands, England
Was thinking same thing last night but forgot to mention before I left. When Dotzs gets a working mic we could have a possible 3 public squad in future. For now I think it's best to stay in the comfortable zone.

And Placid if you ever want to get involved do so! The two days it has been on it was 8pm+ GMT on non-event days
If you ever see me, dotz or jamriko in mumble delta squad (or other channels if platoon needs space) jump in

D

Dotz0r

Second Night was such a success, went alot better then the first night - with jugg squaring us away with cross-chan whisper it only got better as we could stalk the main group all night, Until when BRTD rolled armor en mass and we drove off and we kinda took a wrong turn and started off our own little mini armor zerg towards Northern weigh ^^.

Or the moment when Bigal asked me how black ridge was and we were up north west near haven, i was like "errrr...we are not quite there yet..." - QUICK WE NEED TO GO BLACK RIDGE! we took a wrong turn again !! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

We must have done like 5 recalls to warpgate we got juggled about that much plugging the gaps, the guys were happy with it - it just always happened when we had taken a base or done a game-winning maneuver .

As you will see in the video ;) - Greenies doing an awesome Max crash - who'd a thought!. :p

Or the moment we gathered up and light assaulted up onto A point at the amp station whilst the outfit thought through the v-bay, taking the point and gen to see a lot of BRTD run up the stairs and us thinking "Take your time fellahs" hehe <3 :evil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkV_Del6ILo&feature=youtu.be

D

Dotz0r

If i re-work the OP somewhat and title to say BRTD - PUBLIC SQUADS or w/e can i get this topic pinned please if possible? I just want the unsure greenie to see it more. But its not a big deal.