Computer tanked

kissmy

BRTD Member
Oct 15, 2016
My computer totally tanked (mobo is fucked). New parts are in the mail soon so I should be up and running sometime next week, $800 poorer, but it could be longer if Murphy is paying attention. Fuck I just summoned the bastard, didn't I?

ChipMHazard

Apr 11, 2013
Ah yes, one does not summon attention of he whom-really-shouldn't-be-named-because-buttered-toast-always-lands-butter-side-down lightly.
Still, it's not like your home is going to catch fire or you'll find a raccoon in the parcel >_> <_<

Reactions: IronballsMcGinty

kissmy

BRTD Member
Oct 15, 2016
Surely not! Now, please call an ambulance while I accidentally break my leg with a hammer in an effort to appease the s.o.b. :D

bpostal

Veterans
Apr 13, 2012
You spent $800 on just a new motherboard? Or did you fry everything? Hope you didn't lose too much data!

We'll see ya in a week or so when ya get it sorted. Best of luck!

kissmy

BRTD Member
Oct 15, 2016
Nah, but the motherboard was pretty old so I had to buy one with a new chipset, so I got a new processor and memory as well. No data loss thankfully!

Reactions: dnaRIP and bpostal

kissmy

BRTD Member
Oct 15, 2016
so I should be up and running sometime next week
Ah.. sweet summer child. I can still remember him, that happy go lucky man in his prime. Not this emaciated husk of a man. This cynical, world weary, bitter wretch I've devolved into.
It was the computing machines that did it. Those infernal contraptions with their complex comp-honints and their inthur-facings! Those black magic powered mechanisms of doom!

Anyway.. after a long and arduous battle with the forces of evil (a faulty motherboard, a new motherboard(BIOS) that wouldn't take my new sticks of RAM, Microsoft and their hatred of all things windows 7 etc) it seems my graphics card has also given up. It's now RMA'ed. No clue when I get it back. In the meantime I'm on my old gtx 660 card. I guess it'll run PS2 so I might be on before my other card gets back. If I have the strength for it. I'm just so.. tired..

Reactions: bpostal