Events [Dec 3, 2014] Artemis Fleet Manoeuvres (BRTD Mumble)

Stryke

Fleet Commander
Veterans
Mar 4, 2013
Game:
http://www.artemis.eochu.com/

Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator is space sim that allows up to six crew members to man various consoles on the bridge of a space ship and take it into battle, the game supports up to 8 ships in a single simulation in either co-op or PvP simulation variants.

And thus the cries of "set phasers to frequency B", "load torpedoes", "Helm set bearing 260 maximum warp", "Raise shields" begin

Our plan with this event is to get multiple ships operating and fly BRTD's fleet into space and push the final frontier, completeing missions battling enemy fleets and eventually, as with all things, blowing each other the fuck up.

http://www.eochu.com/dl/Artemis_Manual_latest.pdf
This is a link to the game manual, yes I know reading, aint nobody got time for that but at least take a glance at it, I'm not sure how up to date it is but it will give you the general gist of the game

Below are two instructional videos, the first is most likely how we will think we are operating, the second is most likely how we will actually be operating.

Time:
Wednesday 22nd October 18:00hrs British time

counter.gif

Requirements:
1) Get the game downloaded and installed
2) Get on Mumble at the appointed time and date
3) Bring beer or intoxicant of choice
4) Leave the drama llama's in their cages

Download:
When I bought the game I received an email with a temporary download link and a message to share it with my crew, we may be stretching the definition of crew on this one.

As such I encourage anyone who is willing to either go to the main site or look the game up on steam and buy themselves a copy/bundle to help support the developers, this game is amazing and will only get better if people are willing to support the developer(s).

I am however not going to force anyone who is not willing or able, as such here's a download link for the game, the file is barely 200MB so don't worry about having to scheduled a download session for yourself. All I ask is that you don't pass it on to anyone else.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ttm64kx0fta80dh/ArtemisSBS_2.exe?dl=0

Rough Itinerary:
19:00-20:00 - Warm up and get crews established, play a few shit ship and blow it up missions
20:00-00:00 - Fire up the sandbox universe and have some fun testing Strykes mastery of GM commands

Last edited:
Reactions: TobieBrave

welph

Veterans
Jul 31, 2014
Installed Artemis on an old HTPC I have. If you need a server. Hadn't any problems when I connected to it. Don't remember how it went over a year ago when I ran it at that time. Have to figure out how to open up ports to let you in on my Asus-switch/router. Could even run a twicth-stream with Open Broadcaster if needed(and if the HTPC got enough horsepower under the hood).

Reactions: Pointy

Stryke

Fleet Commander
Veterans
Mar 4, 2013
@welph I hosted on my PC last night with no problems at all once I'd opened the ports and I was planning to stream myself. I was planning to just host that way I'll be on tonight a bought 9:30 if you want to play about with it see what we can come up with.

Sent from my Tardis using the power of a collapsing star

CyrixBlack

BRTD Member
Apr 14, 2014
Can't wait to get a pirate crew of me own arrrr!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stryke

Fleet Commander
Veterans
Mar 4, 2013
Updated OP for the next weeks event. hope to see you all there. :D

Stryke

Fleet Commander
Veterans
Mar 4, 2013
OK I wont be able to make it tonight so someone else will need to host

welph