Dynamic website oddity

Hitman Zeus

Rated 'Adult Only'
Veterans
Nov 19, 2012
I am (at the moment) writing from an iPad with the Safari browser that is included with iOS and have had a look at this with an Android phone's standard browser;

When going onto BRTD.net and trying to log in through the Login button in the top right corner, I have noticed that the widget with Twitter, Youtube and the like, covers up the login button and it becomes very hard to access the site.

I suspect that the dynamic layout of the site is at fault for this and if possible so move the Register/Reset Password/Login buttons further into the center or moving them into the Community tab.

If anyone could have a look at this by iOS or Android devices and come with suggestions about this small issue, I would preciate it.

Juggernaut

Interwebs Mechanic
Staff member
Administrator
Recruit
Jul 20, 2006
Ireland, Galway
shanecunningham.me
use tapatalk if you want to use the forums on a iphone, android phone/tablet.

i have intergated the site with that program since last year. it removes all of the website and justs leave the forums

i do not have a iphone or any apple device to check this out.

Hitman Zeus

Rated 'Adult Only'
Veterans
Nov 19, 2012
Thanks for the quick reply Juggernaut.

Using the browsers that are on iOS and Android to visit the site, the widgets do come in the way. There are people that do not wish to use Tapatalk, so it is just for information if people comes to BRTD and wonders why they encounter this "bug". Coming from an ISTQB background I think we would call this a fault in the design, not a programing problem.

J

Jamriko

I can confirm that the social widgets get in the way of the mobile (desktop) version of the site.

Juggernaut

Interwebs Mechanic
Staff member
Administrator
Recruit
Jul 20, 2006
Ireland, Galway
shanecunningham.me
i have put in several days of effort in the new design for the website, it should be much better for mobiles.

just waiting on logos and images to be finished before revealing it to the public

Hitman Zeus

Rated 'Adult Only'
Veterans
Nov 19, 2012
On Android I think that the Upcoming Events bar is breaking the design with a scroll bar.

Kur

Aug 26, 2014
I didn't know whether to start a new thread or slip it in here so apologies if I'm in the wrong, but is anyone else unable to keep logged in or keep my password stored?

Hitman Zeus

Rated 'Adult Only'
Veterans
Nov 19, 2012
In the standard Android browser the Kunena bottom ad screws up the design with a scrollbar in the bottom. It is also present in Firefox for Android but it does not show the scrollbar and are simply there and not noticed.

I haven't check with a iOS device yet.

Earlier to day I have had some issues with loading the site as there were three error messages that pop'ed up. Something about not being able to load the ad bars. Have you changed them during the day Jug?