Engineer Corp!

Tommins

Oct 17, 2012
Basically I've had a little think. I would like to suggest that we have an engineer corp. When the game goes live and we are training harder and running things a bit more efficiently. I think it would be a good idea for the outfit to have its own engineer corp which consist's of its own bus with a dedicated engineer driving it, 5-10 Engineers and 1-2 Medics. The sole purpose of this bus would be to provide support to the armor we have rolling with us and the keep the AMS's alive. As it stands right now with the recent nerf to repair speeds 1-2 engineers struggle to out repair a vanguard/magrider. Meaning we need more designated engineer's on buses and armor. Infantry would have there own combat engineers separate from the engineer bus for infantry support. It would also be nice to have said engineer corp have the odd training night together, not to teach someone how to be an engineer (although questions will be answered without mockery) but to teach the engineer corp how to play together and how to maximize your efficiency and teamplay. So your basically not running around like an headless chicken not knowing where you should be, or there's not 5 engineer's on one prowler whilst another one gets blown up.

Obviously this needs a lot more thinking about and the application needs to be thought up, and i am not the best person at writing what i am thinking. So apologies if you don't understand what i am getting at but i hope someone does.

/Tommins

R

RedSnow

I would like this! And I am volunteering to help set this up if their is enough people who want to do this.

And the SL and Officiers Agree with us.

Johnnyseven

Oct 20, 2012
Shouldn't the engineers be incorporated into the armored squads? Having separate squads will make communication/co-ordination more of a ball-ache.

Tommins

Oct 17, 2012
Yea this is something that needs to be sorted out by PL's and officers, i'm thinking the engineer's bus will be a repair bus or an ammo bus, or 1 of each and we would roll with armor. Then once we get in a fight we will then deploy and each engineer will know exactly what they are doing. Also being a designated engineer would require you to have important cert's such as Flak Armour, Nano armor and the Nano Armor Kit which a normal armor driver/gunner or combat engineer wouldn't have as they will be certed into the armor they use and infantry weapons.

So long as the Armor corp and Engineer corp are in the same mumble channel (which would mean being alpha + bravo would be in same channel. Also delta + charlie) so we could use the two linked squads. Or even use a whole other platoon.