Juggernaut

Interwebs Mechanic
Staff member
Administrator
Recruit
Jul 20, 2006
Ireland, Galway
shanecunningham.me
Hi folks, currently been working on these features over the last few days.
  • logo (Done, just need to vote on it)
  • background
  • colors
  • footer finished
  • join us fixed
  • guides (work in progress)Done
  • video section(will implement in the next month or so ) Done
  • email campaign (looking at mailchimp and mandrill) Done, just need to finish the design of the emails
  • Add more smilies for the forums(Nearly Ready)
  • bugs fixes and full tidy up of the site.

TobieBrave

Let's drop the Beat!
Jan 12, 2013
Sweden
Not sure where to ask these questions so I do it here.

1. Will we see a "private message" thing again? That was quite handy sometimes imo.
2. Should we have a Twitter thread? And no I will not spam it with pony, even if I want to. Planetside 2 relevant tweets and maybe funny tweets we might find?

Thanks for excellent work Juggs <3

EddiesMinion

Recruitment Officer
Veterans
Jan 20, 2013
Bristol, UK

1. Will we see a "private message" thing again? That was quite handy sometimes imo.
2. Should we have a Twitter thread? And no I will not spam it with pony, even if I want to. Planetside 2 relevant tweets and maybe funny tweets we might find?

PMs are now called conversations -it's up at the top right of the site. Even better, these now work with Tapatalk!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Juggernaut

Interwebs Mechanic
Staff member
Administrator
Recruit
Jul 20, 2006
Ireland, Galway
shanecunningham.me
Updated the website to xenforo 1.3.5 Security patch

Xenforo 1.3.5 patch notes said:
Today, we are pleased to release XenForo 1.3.5. This release addresses a security vulnerability that was identified. As such, we recommend that all customers running 1.3 upgrade to 1.3.5 as soon as possible.

Please note that in order to resolve this security issue, XenForo's PHP requirements needed to increase slightly. This release now requires PHP 5.2.11 or higher.

The security issue relates to XML processing. A specially crafted XML file can be used to enact a denial of service attack or potentially read files from the the file system. This type of vulnerability has been identified in many other applications. In XenForo, the risk is mitigated as only authenticated administrators may trigger the XML processing routines; website visitors cannot directly exploit this issue. However, if you import RSS feeds from elsewhere, these could potentially be modified to trigger the issue. As such, we strongly recommend that you upgrade to a patched version as soon as possible.

This release also fixes a number of bugs and issues that were found since the release of 1.3.4. Some of these include:
  • Only enqueue the mail queue trigger once in a request to reduce possibility of deadlocks
  • Fix forum watch alerts not being sent when a thread needs to be manually approved
  • Fix thread prefix selector via Ajax in the admin control panel
  • If a media embed key contains censored text, do not embed the media
  • Fix autolinking in basic text sources where HTML is accidentally used
  • Prevent an error in the phpBB importer when the attachment physical filename is empty/invalid
  • Fix potential error with invalid characters from an imported feed
  • When importing a feed, do not display duplicate author names
  • Remove unnecessary dependency on the discussion preview length option in the multi-quote overlay
  • Missed "not" from the facebook_did_not_provide_email phrase, changing the meaning of the text
  • Hid the "Identities" section of the contact details page if there were no custom fields that went there
  • Added bottom padding to quote text elements to prevent clipping in certain browsers/OSes
  • Fixed full screening videos where the iframe had a max-width/height specified
  • Fixed tabindex on the login form when registration was disabled
  • Hid the message about dragging multi-quote elements around when not supported
See the Resolved Bug Reports forum for further information.

The following templates have had changes:
  • account_contact_details
  • bb_code.css
  • helper_login_form
  • thread_multi_quote_overlay.css

Juggernaut

Interwebs Mechanic
Staff member
Administrator
Recruit
Jul 20, 2006
Ireland, Galway
shanecunningham.me

Added in embed tweet feature, just paste url of the tweet and the website will embed it in a nice and neat way

HTML:
https://twitter.com/dcarey7761/status/505141996777136128

Last edited:
Reactions: TobieBrave

Juggernaut

Interwebs Mechanic
Staff member
Administrator
Recruit
Jul 20, 2006
Ireland, Galway
shanecunningham.me
Changed some security setting in the admin section of the website.
  1. Changed the Recaptcha back to Google
  2. Turned on Recaptcha for password resets, ie if you fail to log in 4 or more times. I had it turned off so members could reset there passwords when we moved forums (this was temporary measure). This is to stop brute force password attacks on your passwords.(had enabled timeouts instead.)
  3. I've added in StopForumSpam API key
  4. I already used Project Honey Pot API Key
  5. I also use Akismet is a service that scans comments and determines if they are spam.
  6. along with a load of features.
Hopefully this will stop forum spam and registration. I have more tools that I can use. but I want to make it easy for new/old members to use this site. I will be monitoring this over the next few weeks to see if there is any issues.

Juggernaut

Interwebs Mechanic
Staff member
Administrator
Recruit
Jul 20, 2006
Ireland, Galway
shanecunningham.me
Add thread rating system, basically 1 to 5 stars all members can vote on a thread.

How to vote, just go to the top of thread and vote.

thread rating.png

thread vote 2.png

Last edited:

Juggernaut

Interwebs Mechanic
Staff member
Administrator
Recruit
Jul 20, 2006
Ireland, Galway
shanecunningham.me
Update the server from php 5.4 to 5.5 and enabled Zend OPcache . the reason i updated was because the cache we were using was outdated and not been updated in years. PHP 5.5 has OP code cache built in and is supported.

The Zend OPcache module provides faster PHP execution through opcode caching and optimization. It improves PHP performance by storing pre-compiled script bytecode in the shared memory. This eliminates the stages of reading code from the disk and compiling it on future access. In addition, it applies a few bytecode optimization patterns that make code execution faster.

In English its reduce the load on the server at the cost of a little bit of ram. For a normal user it makes the website load a lot quicker.

Juggernaut

Interwebs Mechanic
Staff member
Administrator
Recruit
Jul 20, 2006
Ireland, Galway
shanecunningham.me
Apologies folks,

I updated some code for YouTube last night for the website. Unfortunately I made a minor mistake in the code. This caused anyone that tried to post a YouTube to a get a nasty error.

This has now been fixed.

dot.rich

May 18, 2015
Could you direct me to the information of which server BTRD is based. I've spent a few days getting back into PS2 with a character on Cobalt because I couldn't find any information on where BRTD is based anywhere on the forums. I've got 900 certs ready for dual MAX AA but I would seriously hate to waste it if I've went to the wrong server.

Some basic info on your landing page would be sufficient. I'm playing on EU Cobalt and I know a lot of members are EU. Thanks.

-dot

Juggernaut

Interwebs Mechanic
Staff member
Administrator
Recruit
Jul 20, 2006
Ireland, Galway
shanecunningham.me
Fixed logo issue

Hi folks, I fixed the logo position this morning, I updated the website 2 week ago, which didn't an import some XAML code that is used for the logo position. I hadn't time to fix, so I position it above it normal position as a workaround.

Broken logo position:

P6QrZNB.png

Fixed logo position:

iRSYfFF.png

Reactions: StriKe_jk