If you have 2 seconds to spare - Help fix minimap

Canaris

Jul 31, 2014
Dublin, Ireland
Hey guys not sure about the rest of you but one thing that infuriates me playing is how bad the PS2 minimap is layed out, it's cluttered mess of shapes and colours.

So if you have 2 seconds to spare please go to this thread on the offical forums and give it a like and some support. I didn't make the thread but it'll be a huge step in the right direction.
Sometimes I think the dev's are focusing to much on elements of the game that don't matter when they need to give some love to day to day UI features that are completly lack luster.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/minimap-design-made-radar-useless.99954/

It will help my poor nerves and you'll be helping make PS2 better, heck I'm pretty sure I can muster up some huggles too ;)

Oysterizer

BRTD Member
Jan 23, 2013
I agree that the minimap needs enhancements such as custom filters/colours etc. Not sure on always having enemies on top of other icons, perhaps the icons need to be revised. Also I don't see this as a 'bug' unlike a few of the other posters in that thread. Best make a detailed entry into the Suggestions area and/or in Higbys 'after GU09' thread ;)

Cheers,
Oyst.

Oysterizer

BRTD Member
Jan 23, 2013
Looks like GU09 brought some changes, the main one for you is the enemy layer adjustment I guess :)

UI Updates
Cleaned up the display of minimap icons
Icons are now smaller assets to mitigate the shimmering-effect and to decrease the footprint
Self indicator used in the rotating minimap is now more transparent
Decreased the glow on the assets for better readability
Squad and platoon indicators are now smaller and more transparent
Indicator sorting reconfigured to always show enemies as the top layer

Canaris

Jul 31, 2014
Dublin, Ireland
[quote="Oysterizer" post=17563]Looks like GU09 brought some changes, the main one for you is the enemy layer adjustment I guess :)

UI Updates
Cleaned up the display of minimap icons
Icons are now smaller assets to mitigate the shimmering-effect and to decrease the footprint
Self indicator used in the rotating minimap is now more transparent
Decreased the glow on the assets for better readability
Squad and platoon indicators are now smaller and more transparent
Indicator sorting reconfigured to always show enemies as the top layer[/quote]

was well happy when I saw it in the updates, made a thank you post to the devs on the PS-U forums about it, yippee! :cheer: