Interview with Matt Higby

Krautgamer

Veterans
Aug 14, 2014
Hey guys,

long time no see! It must have been 5 or 6 years ago, since I regularly headed to Auraxis and since I was a part of BRTD. For those who still remember: I was known as "Blood Angel" or "The annoying little brother of Collin".

Well, Planetside 2 is knocking on the door and since I do some journalism for videogames now, I have the great pleasure to do a 1 to 1 interview with Planetside 2 Creative Director Matt Higby in about two weeks on gamescom in Cologne.

Since Planetside 2 and Matt Higby Interviews are all over the internet already, I really don't want to do the standard jadda jadda, but rather ask the hardcore questions about Planetside 2. And I could not imagine any better source for those questions than you guys.

So, the question is: In a video interview with Matt Higby, what would you ask him?

I'm talking about stuff like "In the trailers and promotional material of P2, the shown fraction is mostly NC. When will this act of repression end and when will you start showing the real leading fraction, which is of course the Terran Republic." or "You are known to hang around on the battlefield frequently. Not that I would exploit the Information from this interview, but where do you see your personal weaknesses in gameplay?"

Stuff like that, where the passionate planetside fan can get some valuable information and laugh about.

The video interview will be available on youtube shortly afterwards, I'll post a link here. :)

Thank you for your support and don't forget to mock my brother Collin when you see him! :p

Greetings from Munich,
Krautgamer aka Hendrik

BigAl

Outfit Leader and founder
Staff member
Community Leader
Jan 2, 2006
hell we always ause collin lol

we never knew he liked abba so much he did get the nick name dancing queen for a while

any way when you see higby ask him where our tech test invites are at

Krautgamer

Veterans
Aug 14, 2014
AFAIK beta invites will be sent out way before gamescom. They will not give themselves THAT shame, but as I heard they are struggling with server performance... colleagues of mine had the chance to play already (in a controlled environment) and they talked about stability issues on rather unpopulated servers.

Frisby

Aug 11, 2014
I am not sure if you really want to go down that road with your interview (as I do not know how well Higby responds to too taunting questions), but here is one (and do not quote me on this one, because I still want my beta invite):

As a well known NC Player and long time supporter of their cause I would like to ask you about their color scheme. With the NC showing / sporting the gold and blue as their faction colors I always wanted to know why the NC wear “golden” if not yellow underpants and if they had that color from the start or only after their first encounter with the TR / the other factions?

DeltaWidow

Community Leader
Aug 25, 2014
West Midlands, England
I think you should give Higby a gift in appreciation of his dedication to PS2 from us at BRTD - This is where you present to him something like a red and black striped tie and some black goggles with red lenses - something like that.

I'd also like to know how NC will win aything in PS2 without PS1 style Jack Hammer and Pheonix?? :D