Just joined, already have to go away :'(

Sovereign

Nov 17, 2016
Well, some might know me already, others won't.
Anyway, I'm a new member that just applied from the NC outfit WASP Inc. I talked it over with @dnaRIP and I joined BRTD as well.

Unfortunately, I'm an navigation officer in the merchant navy and thus have to go work next week. That means no more gaming for me for at least 3 months, but that might be longer. I thought it would be prudent to make a post so it doesn't seem like I've abandoned you guys so shortly after joining. I will not be able to join Mumble or any games, but I will be lurking around the forums (if the internet on board allows me to do so (it is quite shit 5bps or less is not rare))

But below is the ship that will be my house for the next 3 months :

maersk%20kimi(15.08.2009)(z1).JPG

maersk-kimi_9162227_102694.940x1000.jpg

These days she looks more like :
2171080.jpg

Maersk-Kimi-1097865.jpg

And a few pictures of the grease pit since I came across them:
maersk-kimi-211012-3-hoofdmotor.jpg

maersk-kimi-211012-2-hoofdmotor.jpg

And the view from my working spot :
wY8hAj3.jpg

bpostal

Veterans
Apr 13, 2012
At least your office looks cool! Enjoy the fresh ocean breeze and we'll see ya when ya get back in a few months

Reactions: Sovereign

Sovereign

Nov 17, 2016
At least your office looks cool! Enjoy the fresh ocean breeze and we'll see ya when ya get back in a few months
Yeah, well... It's an older office, but with the latest technology pasted all over the place. The spagetti of wires make it a bitch though, especially since I'm responcible for maintaining all that.
And I will enjoy the ocean breeze. The route will be South Korea, China, Malaysia, India and back so it will be both warm and cold I guess. (I just hope there won't be any fishermen in the Chinese seas)
LOL that is quite cool work :)
Can you take some fishing gear with you? :p
Well, there is ships fishing gear on board. Fully maintained with fishing rods, lines, tackle, etc. Only thing we don't have is alive food (but you can catch that yourself as well.
Those things move waaay to fast to be able to catch anything from them...
True, most of the time we'll be going 'slowly' of about 12 to 15 knots (22.2 - 27.8km/h). But that will still be too fast for normal fishing.... That said, even for using fishing nets. BUT sometimes we're at anchor. That would be a good time for fishing.

However, I don't like fishing and I'd rather be on the bridge working on my paperwork or in my cabin watching a series / movies / playing games.
We will be here when you back back @Sovereign! Enjoy yourself while underway!!!
:) good to know. I'll try to check these forums as much as I can. But unfortunately as I said, the internet connection over sattelite is absolute garbage. Where we have 5bps on good days and absolutely nothing on bad days (and I try to save the good times for chatting with my gf ;) )