LATTICE IN GU9 OMGWTFBBQ!

Huller

Certified walrus
Veterans
Nov 6, 2012
https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/higby-gu09-rush-lanes-next-week.126098/

so, we are going to get the lattice/rush lanes for Indar in GU9 next week :blink: (perhaps even the improved Indar map design as well)

Personaly I think it is a bit rushed, it needs a litle more testing and the forms are already burning with naysayers.

discuss.

ChipMHazard

Apr 11, 2013
From what I saw last night it might be the newest version of the lattice system.

RWJP

Dec 22, 2012
I'm gonna have to agree with the whole opinion that this is rushed.

The fact that it has only been implemented fully on one continent irks me the most. I don't want to have to remember two different systems within the same game. This should have been playtested far more, and rolled out on all three continents at the same time. Releasing it piecemeal is just messy and really makes SOE look lazy "Well if we release a half finished lattice on one continent we can stop people whining for a little while!"

As to whether it will work well or not, I have no idea! I never played PS1, so I can't tell what this is like in comparison.

ChipMHazard

Apr 11, 2013
Actually I think that the reason why we are seeing it being put on the live server now is that there have never been enough people online on the test server for long enough periods of time to actually test it out. How do you get the people you need to make sure it works as intended? Go where the people are.

Purestorm

Grand Saber
Officer Star Citizen
Oct 28, 2012
Dundalk, Ireland
They're also implementing a system so they can change back to hex system with little fuss if the lattice system is unpopular with a majority of the players.

Oysterizer

BRTD Member
Jan 23, 2013
[quote="ChipMHazard" post=17354]Actually I think that the reason why we are seeing it being put on the live server now is that there have never been enough people online on the test server for long enough periods of time to actually test it out. How do you get the people you need to make sure it works as intended? Go where the people are.[/quote]

Spot on, was about to post the same.

I actually think it's a good move to do a partial release, shows they know the risks involved. I suppose an alternative is to entice people to the test server better, however it still wouldn't address the fact that they only have one server based in the US so it won't work well for everyone.

Additionally this kind of update can hold development resources and the roadmap up for ages so they need to get it completed asap. Looks like they are just stepping up a gear on getting it completed one way or another. It would drag on for ages otherwise.

( I work for a software company and I would hate to have had to compile the Testplan for this one! :p )

cheers,
Oyst

dnaRIP

Co-Leader
Staff member
Community Leader
Feb 14, 2012
I agree that the way they are doing it seems best. They have been working on this for quite sometime, 2 months isn't it? If we were to wait for both Esamir and Amerish to be completed, we are looking at another 4-6 months. They also need the player population to be maxed out on the continent in order to get the data for analysis. I wouldn't refer to it as lazy, I would refer to it a cautious. As someone mentioned, why fuck up all 3 continents it if turns out to be a giant pile of shit?

Huller

Certified walrus
Veterans
Nov 6, 2012
another thing: will this include the updated bases? Gotta say goodbye to spec-ops and all the other removed bases :(

Also, will we be able to remove that lock from the VS with this system? we might need to rush it

Pointy

Like to kill every mutha fecker in the room ;-)
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 18, 2012
Chelmsford
I'm looking forward to the new map tools tbh.

Pointy

CapnPolyester

Dec 3, 2012
I'm really liking the new lattice. As long as you use the right tactics. We just kept falling back with a squads worth of people and managed to destroy an entire zerg and then strike back out and take territory back. There have been some epic big fights.