Need confirmation :This could solve the CLEAR COMM

Pointy

Like to kill every mutha fecker in the room ;-)
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 18, 2012
Chelmsford
Hi

Just did some searching and whilst I am a techie im not a technical on Mumble. On reading the instructions on the web this scenario might work.

Create the following

Join Channel using shortcut

Advanced Config

Mumble 1.2.1 includes the possibility to combine join channel and whisper to move to a channel instantly using a one key shortcut. For instance, to join the root channel you can follow the above guide to add a whisper to the root channel. Then add a new shortcut to Join Channel, using the same bind key as the whisper. Now if you press that bind key you will be moved to the root channel immediately. Root channel is a global channel that is present on all servers, but all other channel whispers are stored per server in the mumble profile.

Create a room for SL and PL.

Add the move channel keybind to your client.

When the SL / PL need a clear comms they switch channels.....

Would this not work?

Pointy

Willhellm

Jan 13, 2013
But isn't the point of "clear comms" that all reapers get the information? Basically everyone?

Pointy

Staff member
Administrator
Dec 18, 2012
Chelmsford
Not where try to get comms chatter

They can't hear with us talking

Pointy

F

Frymewitheggs

Clear comms is more than just the SL getting a whisper. It's also so he can relay the orders to the squad as well.

The separate channel may resolve SLs hearing but it may actually make it harder to relay orders.

dnaRIP

Co-Leader
Staff member
Community Leader
Feb 14, 2012
I spoke with Juggs about this and he deems it to be "needlessly complex". In other words, it may work, he hasn't checked it out, but it appears that our system, while it has its faults, is the best solution.

McBawbagg

Jan 27, 2013
Clear coms calls are for 2 things:

1) commander calls clear coms to relay orders to us all. That's no problem and usually works pretty well

2) They call clear coms so they can hear each other talking on the commanders whisper channel or on another voice com (with other commanders like TRAM etc)

I think some people just don't know that when clear coms is called and its not followed by orders that leaders need the silence to talk in other channels so they start chatting again. I think what pointy pointed out could work well and if its a single keybind I don't see where the complexity is. Especially as it could just replace the command whisper keybind.

Other options would be to add this to training sessions so people know that when clear coms are called and its then quiet that the silence is needed for stuff going on in the background.

I still think we should run a more serious reaper and a more chilled out (chatty) reaper. We have 2 reapers up most evenings so why not get people looking for the same thing in the same reaper.

Pointy

Staff member
Administrator
Dec 18, 2012
Chelmsford
Thanks for taking the time to check.

Pointy